Team 2 Dead on Arrival

Old 11-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

Had a chance to go goose hunting with some friends on the only property I have permission to hunt on and had the brother of the fella that gave me permission come in and drive right into are decoy set up and ask who I am. I got up and went over but I was really ticked at what just happened. I explained who I was and who gave me permission but he asked me to stop hunting the property none the less. I am going in this weekend to pull my stands and pack up . That really sucks and makes me mad I had hunted there for 5 years and it was 10min from my home. I had put in countless hours of scouting and prebaitng, it really stings. I guess if I go back out it will have to be on public land but right now I feel like my bow season is done. I have muzzle loader next week but I really am bummed . Thanks lads I will be watchin till your seasons are over take care
Treebeard
Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Um, did you ask him why, especially after all that time? It sounds like there's more to it? Come on, lets hear the WHOLE story.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I had never spoke with this brother before this moment. I got permission from the one brother I know and had spoke with the father at several points through the last few years heck I have even spoke to the son of the brother that asked me to leave. The only difference I could see this time is that he mentioned that he an his buddies had planned on coming in that night to hunt geese. Even if he asked me not to hunt geese anymore that would have been ok but to not even allow me to finish the deer season and even to say no to turkey I am a little at a loss. I play by the rules and always recheck before each different type of hunting season to see if it is still ok. I have put a call in to the brother that gave me permission but no response back yet.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck with that situation. I hope maybe you can be reinstated.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I am still here. I have not done anything yet. I let one get away from me on Nov. 6th that had to be around the 160 range. Never got a shot. Going back to Holla Bend this weekend.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

still here as well. Going to do late season probably going to start this weekend.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Shot a button buck a week ago. Didn't score too high.....heading out in the snow Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I hope, with the help of the advice I've gotten on this site, to restore Team No. 2's collective honor....
Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, as per my luck (couldn't be an adult doe or decent buck) , I had a small 8pt at 10yrds on Monday (opening day of gun for deer) morning. I saw him again yesterday evening. He must know I won't shoot him. It's not over until "the fat lady sings"! In my WMU you can take a buck until Jan 25th. At this point though, you have a better chance of seeing Christ than killing a "shooter" buck.