Community

Team 2 Dead on Arrival

Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I went out this morning and got skunked. The weather was perfect, just no deer activity.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

Corn is finally off so we will see how things change cant get any worse lol
Treebeard
Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I gear ya, things have been BAD around here! I haven't seen squat, couple Doe yesterday morning, been raining ever since. Its strange, almost like the rut hasn't happened, young unz did some small rubs n scrapes a few weeks back but everything went silent since then. Crop was coming down by me until the rain hit, but its about 70% off now, was going to go out in the a.m. but it is supposed to be 35mph winds, tomorrow eve looks like my best start time, off this week on vacation.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Looking over the contest scores and photos I don't see really where it has been an overwhelming kind of year for anyone. Was thinking about using one of my decoys, which one do you guys think would be best, assuming the rut past me by? My bait pile has been touched in such a long time I am wondering if someone sprinkled a little "Get the hell outta here deer" around my land!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

I kind of think the rut is just startin just starting to see rubs and scrapes! Go with the buck decoy that is me on Sat
Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Just got some encouraging news, which plays along the lines with what Treebeard stated. I just talked to my bro in law, he lives 3 hrs N.W and says just today that he started seeing activity, and good activity, missed a beauty 8pt. his die hard friends also say that they have sat, for the last few weeks and it has been a dead zone, just like what appears we are all seeing, but now things are heating up. Another positive is that the rest of the corn is coming down adjacent to my stand. Im only two days into vacation so I am ......."re-encouraged" Treebeard, knowing what I do now and seeing it is just starting up by you, I am going with the Buck decoy. G/L!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

I did sit this morning and eve and seen nothing.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

nothing at all today.......
Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

nothing for me today either. Rifle season is on though and a lot of hunters on the public land "stalking"
Old 11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Well, its gun season since last Saturday so I am going to wait that out and do a late season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.