Team 2 Dead on Arrival

Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

I passed up a 120" nine point buck this morning. He came in just after first light and hung around for about 10 minutes. Got some good video of him. There was a smaller buck with him. Nothing else was moving until later in the morning when a band of turkeys fed across the field. They were spooked by 2 coyotes that came in about 9:15. All in all it was a good morning.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're very lucky to have those extra critters to keep you amused. When I'm not seeing deer (which is most of the time ), an occasional squirrel is all I get to watch.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to Holla Bend this weekend. Should be a good weekend.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Holla Bend?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team...thought I would drop a line, normally I am quite active when it comes to this so apologize. My fiancé' joined the Navy in September, at the ripe young age of 39 (proud of her) and I have been busy with trying to get firewood cut for winter and all the other tasks associated with winter, including putting in windows for the house, as well as keep up with the house work and every day life with work...that being said, I am pretty much caught up (if there is such a thing) and plan on hitting the woods for the first time in the morning and plan on morning and evening hunts for now and work in between. Its been busy so I hope to give updates and read others posts going forward. I have been checkin cams and its disappointing at best......
Old 10-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not getting much on my cams either Damon. Just a small 7pt that I've had 10yrds from my stand. I'm waiting for a real buck! I'll be checking my 2 cams on Sunday.

Last edited by early in; 10-19-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Leaving now for my usual Sat evening hunt. It can only get better than it's been so far!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Spike

Skunked, skunked and skunked again. Pretty bad when I'm not even seeing squirrels. Hopefully now that the weather looks like its finally going to cool down they will start moving again. Haven't even seen anything on the trail cams for a while besides a few does.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I decided to take off work from Oct 26th-Nov2 for Rut Mania! I'll do dark to dark hunts until I get a buck (bigger than my best from these woods), or run out of time trying.

I AM PUMPED!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

I will be going out the next 3 days. The deer activity has really slowed down according to the people I have talked to. With the full moon that doesn't surprise me. Hopefully a big ol buck will be under my stand in the next day or two. I have the first full week of November off and am looking forward to being out for the rut. Good luck and good shooting everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.