Team 2 Dead on Arrival

Old 11-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Don't know bout you Early but Im taking that one! Well, still haven't planned vacation but I am taking Monday and Tuesday off next week for windows to be installed and I hunt on my own property so I think I will go out while they are installing windows and if they need me they cant text. I did get home early enough to sit out this evening for about 1.5 hours, had "Midget" come through but that was it, nothing hit the pile the last couple of days and nothing on cam either. Did finally see my first Rub though, so its just a matter of time, for me I do think it is going to be next weekend into the following week that I will take vacation 18th-22nd but I will try to get out of work early enough to do evening hunts til then.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damon, I will indeed send an arrow through that deer if I'm given the chance. He's not a big buck, but he's got character! Actually, pretty good for my area.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Got out in time to sit for another 1 1/2 hrs. Had a Doe and two young unz coming under the stand, one little one held behind for some time after they Doe and other left, would have taken it but didn't provide a clear shot when alone, didn't want to take it while all three were there, "conscious" lol. Got a couple small 6's on cam going to head out in the a.m. and see how it goes, I do believe its almost go time here in NE Wi.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Sat this morning, saw a spike and a 4 pt, came in for awhile and went back out to a new Rub, planned a evening hunt, got windy, 20-30 mph, so came in to find a tree blown down on my bass boat *shake my head* will try in the morning, appears things are starting to happen.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was out all day Sat. Saw nothing but a fox by 10:00AM, so I moved to another stand site. Had 2 yearlings feed 10yrds out at 1:30PM. I let them alone. At 4:30PM 2 mature doe came from the thicket and the first one got the double lunger. Meat, finally! No me, deer & bow pic, but here she is anywho.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 Dead on Arrival-img_1964-custom-.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet! Meat for the freezer!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Still no sightings but I finally got some sweet buck tracks and a scrape near by
Old 11-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Typical Buck

It was really slow on stand on all last week. I did have what appeared to be a good one come under the stand Sunday morning, but he was 5 minutes too early. He grunted all the way to the stand and slipped out of the field with another deer I couldn't see the details of. I had a mid sized buck at 250 yards Sunday night that would not respond to calls. I am hoping this cold front will switch them into overdrive. I have Thursday off and plan to sit in the stand all day to see what it can produce. Good luck and good shooting.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Still at it sorry Dudes!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

No new news here. Going to take vacation next week and hunt hard before gun opens next weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.