Community

Team 12 Tall Tine Terminators

Old 11-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Fork Horn

I ended up saying forget it Saturday morning and went looking for a new spot on the back side of where I was hunting then checked a camera by my stand and at 718 a 135 class 8 point came strolling by moved my stand and wasn't able to get out that night Sunday morning came and still high winds but I knew I had to get out then at about 730 that same buck came by chasing does and ripped a scrape open... I thought he was done then all 3 does ran behind me and he was following I drew and some how bumped my arrow off the string got it back on thank god for the wind he didn't hear me I spun around the tree got ready to draw and he stops in the brush just looking around he steps out and I draw settle the pin let it fly and I hear a loud whack!! Buck is still standing there looking around.... If I was hunting cherry trees I'd have myself a trophy... All in all I had a great morning I think I saw 15 deer that shooter and one other came by that got the pass he was very close to being shot tho and a few small bucks but a good morning for sure
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last weekend saw a couple nice bucks, one was a easy 50 yard shot with the old slug gun. Will be heading out on Friday as the bigger bucks are starting to get into chase mode. This weekend I feel good about seeing more deer moving about...
Old 11-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you guys have some action, and some close calls! Mi what kind of rest do you use? I used to have arrows always dropping off my rest and making noise so I can relate.

Good luck this weekend buck and to anyone else going out! I'm gearing up for gun season In a couple weeks, not sure if I'll get out my bow again anytime soon.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out in the morning to give it a go...
Old 11-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hows everyone one doing? Checking up on the team.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

ANyone kill anything?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Having a tough season, corn is still up all around me. A few winter storms had them bedded for a while. I'm still at it but I'm completely frustrated.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Having a tough season, corn is still up all around me. A few winter storms had them bedded for a while. I'm still at it but I'm completely frustrated.
Keep after it. Hopefully everyone is still at it. Im goig to harvest my doe proably after christmas. Hope we get some more points on the board. Looks like we have 2 bucks so far. Good luck guys and be safe. This is me wishing you guys a very merry Christmas,