Community

Team 12 Tall Tine Terminators

Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Nice looking deer, congrats. The first two times I went out, the mosquitoes were horrible. I left my Thermacell home the first time and brought it the second time only to find out that the pads I brought dried out after I was up in the tree.

Spent this weekend moving some stands as traffic patterns have changed. The cold weather is moving in this week so hopefully we will start to see movement as it has been unseasonably warm in my area.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I've still yet to see a buck in mi during legal hours. A few nice bucks have been moving a lot lately just gotta catch one! I'm hunting a small horse shoe shaped kill plot for the first time tonight nothing yet but we shall see a few days ago a nice one came through on his way to the corn field about 20 min before dark
Old 10-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

I was out a few times in the past week. Saw scrapes really pop up and saw some chasing action as well. Had to make a split -second decision on an 8point and let him walk.

Hoping this weekend will bring a lot of action. Good luck to everyone going out.

Hoyt what was the score on your buck?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

This past weekend over night 15 scrapes popes up on one property funny how in only about 15 miles the deer still act like its middle October and the others seem to think its a week ahead but the bucks are moving the camera doesn't lie they are getting dangerously close to being out to late into shooting light. We haven't found any monsters yet but a few 4 and 5 year olds that haven't made much for racks yet but I'm hoping. There's still a lot of corn up around here I know all the does are hanging out there just waiting for the right wind to get close enought to go on doe patrol
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I was thinking high 130s low 140s. Not sure if he will push that mark or not. I will post it on the contest page soon. Just have to do the paper work. Im boiling his head this weekend and bleaching the skull. Then I will sit down in my living room and score him.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good, Hoyt. Anyone else been seeing anything?

I'm hoping to catch one cruising this weekend and can't wait.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

The sign has picked up this past weekend and through the week. Each time I walk into my spots I see new scrapes, but most have gone nocturnal so I'm waiting for the rut and a few chasers. Usually I have a doe by now but have not seen much during daylight, one of the reasons is they are logging the North end of the parcel I hunt.

Going to try a few State lands spots that have been very good in the past this weekend.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a good 8 point today at first I thought he was a shooter then realized he was only maybe 120" he stood at 30 broadside head behind a tree for a few min like he wanted to get shot action is starting to get hot here in mi but still most of the shooters aren't moving till after dark
Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Checked my camera yesterday and had 10 or so new rubs 5 yards behind my one stand. Wont be able to get out until Thursday morning. Stupid work schedule, lol
Old 10-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted hard all weekend and didn't see much Saturday morning I had an 8 point come in at first I thought he was one of the shooters then quickly realized he needed one more year. He taunted me by standing in a shooting lane at 30 yards with his head behind a trees for a few min before he went back to crusin for does. Saturday night we finally got a nnw wind so I slipped into a spot they have been tearing up with scrapes in the high winds I only saw one doe way off. My dad hunted the another stand and hit a branch missing a giant 10 neither of us have seen before. He told me that deer knows ur camera is there he walked around and touched the side with his nose then went back to ripping apart every tree and clump of grass around. It's that time if year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.