Community

Team 1nfringe

Old 10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck everyone! Indeed, hunt safely!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be out this weekend....Good Luck everyone

bb
Old 10-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

So I CANT WAIT TO GET UP TO MY CABIN!!!! My 2 buddies were at their land this weekend and saw some new shooters on his cam in the last 2 days. They are starting to move and the fun is beginning.

There was a nice buck coming from his brothers direction and was like hmmm, that looks like a shooter. Buck stops, turns and there is an arrow stuck in it! He says, mark must have shot it and he was going to try and get a shot to take it down. He didn't get a shot, calls him up and turns out he didn't shoot. They tracked the blood a while and ended up in another guys back yard so they turned around. Don't think anyone every came trough his property tracking the trail so who knows.

Oh well, I got 2 days until I'll be sleeping up there so I'm happy!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Had a very nice two year old at 17 yards on Saturday night. He was thrashing every tree and bush he could find. Quite a sight! Moved up the hill to a foodplot and joined another 2 year old up there chasing a doe.

Sorry boys, but he wasn't big enough according to the landowner's management plan. Gotta be three or older.

Lots of scrapes along the edge of the clover. It's coming boys!

Will hunt another farm next weekend where a two year old is fair game.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

It'll happen, I have faith in everyone! Do it by the book, or not at all. Let's earn our respect.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

So there is no rutting activity here in western wi.

Passed up Super Wide last night. Had him broadside at 27 yards and then walking by at 15 yards. He is 23-24 in inside but his tines are short. He's a 9 pointer too.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's the word guys, any luck this weekend?

I had my 13 y/o daughter out hunting elk and mule deer on Saturday. She had some real good shot opportunities on both species, but her inexperience kept the hammer from falling. I need to work with her more at the range and beef up her scope/target acquisition. She normally hunts with a crossbow equipped with a red dot holographic sight. Looking straight down a telescopic tube is still a little foreign to her. It'll come. It was fun tracking through the Rockies with her-even for one day.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I was out this past weekend and came up empty. The weather has been really dumb the past couple of times iv'e been in he stand. Rally wet and foggy. I cant hear them or see them. I did see a good number of does the last time out so that's a good sign but I have yet to see any nice bucks. I have seen and passed on two young 8 pointers. I am hoping to hit a local spot this weekend and then get back up to my main spot the weekend after that. I'll keep ya posted.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

http://youtu.be/blE-7NVgXnQ

Here is a video of a small 8 pointer I passed on last week.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

I got out Sunday afternoon in Brown County and saw nothing. Corn is still standing on that farm and it was WINDY.

One guy in camp stuck a 9 pointer Sunday evening.

I did see three mature bucks on my way home that evening (best was a 10 at about 175" B&C) and another last night. He was a another 10 that would go at least 150.

The bucks are certainly moving at night and it should move to day soon.

Good luck boys-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.