Community

Team 1nfringe

Old 10-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Nice addition to the score card, congrats
Old 10-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks dman...

Get out there guys! I'm gonna start giving the other teams chit, help me save face!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Going up to my cabin for a hunt Thursday. Full moon and a cold streak last 2 days hopefully turned them on to some seeking!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Here's the bad news. I'm not going to be much help, other than moral support, for Team 1nfringe...

The good news. We have a buck going into our tally. Both Mother Nature and South Dakota were very good to me. With all the snow it was just a matter of reading the landscape. 43 inches of the white has a way on concentrating the critters. I found a spot Saturday on public land which looked as ripe as ripe could be. A quick climb with my climber had me perched in the cat's seat, and it wasn't much of a wait for the action to begin. Within ten minutes of reaching 20 feet, I had deer filtering past. I evenutally counted over sixty deer by dusk. At one point I had 10 spikers directly below me. I saw a total of 12 shooter bucks-at least what I would consider a shooter for the area. I nailed this buck with about 30 minutes of legal light left. He's not big by mid-west standards, but he's a tad better than average for the Black Hills. I will tape him tomorrow...
Congrats Huckleberry on your Buck! Nice ! Im kinda waiting for the weather get cool. Been out a few times and nothing to throw a arrow at yet. The good/great hunting is still a few weeks away for me. Going to take lots of time off late Oct and early Nov. Its so damm hot around my parts still. Team is on the board again!!! Thats GREAT!!! Good luck Team and be safe. Check back when I can.

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck and thanks for sharing the stories. Spent the past weekend harvesting wild mushrooms and just finished canning the last batch. Ready to roast them with some venison straps which should be coming in 2 weeks as I too am saving up time away from work for the pre Rut. I have a good feeling about Team 1nfringe staying at the top of the leader board!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a bunch of does, there was a line of 6 walking away from the corn field to bed for the day. There was a nubber or something that came through and dogged a little doe. Just grunted and grunted, it was funny.

Saw a nice looking 10 point in the neighbors field. I grunted, he stopped and looked over. Tickled the rattle bag and he didn't care. Could have been a hot doe over there.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

How's everyone doing? It's been quiet, which means everyone is hunting, right? I have nothing new to report other than I helped a 66 y/o Illinois resident get his first ever shot on a 6x6 bull elk. Hopefully, he'll seal the deal this coming weekend when I head back for more... missing sucks and having to work sucks more!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

I got the 6 day countdown until I leave for my cabin. Then I've got 10 days to wait for my 170 inch buck.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

I have plans to be out Sat and Sunday evenings in Pike and Brown counties respectively.

Good luck all, hunt safe.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

I too am counting down the 8 days until I head to my property for an 11 day hunt. Sure wish I was out there now during the cold snap here in Wisconsin but need to balance work and pleasure. Good luck to those able to hunt this weekend. I'll be finishing up the fall chores before the snow flies. May even put up Christmas lights now that it's above freezing since November is hunting season and it's a pain putting them up in December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.