Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 AM
Spike

Had a buddy hunting near me this weekend. Saw 3 bucks Saturday night right at close. All came in to a grunt tube. Sunday night my buddy saw the only deer and it was a 4 point. He shot him after the buck came right to his tree while grunting. I will be our again tonight for he last 2 hours of the day. I hope with this storm brewing out west the deer will be moving.

Keep ya up to date as the rut seems to be about on here.
Pines.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

This morning I grunted and bleated in a nice 8 point but just too small for me. That was around 7:30. Then about 8:00 I was grunting and bleating again and that same 8 came right back to me again. I will be back out in the evening and will update you all later.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Do you guys do any shed hunting? I love it. Almost more than hunting itself. Kind of like catch and release. Last year I found a 92 1/2" side. Year before I picked up a 96 1/2 " side. Pretty awesome feeling!!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have found a few sheds over the years but only one real nice one. It was like a 75" one side.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This evening I didn't see any. I heard 1 behind me but I never did see it so I don't even know if it was a buck or a doe. I am going to a new place in the morning. It is an area with a bunch of pines that have grassy areas between like 5 sections of pines. This is also off of a large bedding area. The bucks have been tearing this place up with scrapes. Hopefully with laying down some scent and using the calls along with a little rattling I will be able to attract a big boy.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Well, the does I had tied to a tree showed up on schedule yesterday afternoon. I thought I heard her crash, but not, as she got up about 100 yds from the hit. I took Ruby out this morning to track her, and we found her another 300yds down track. Unfortunately foxes had dined on the hind quarters, but there's still a lot of meat salvageable. I'll post her on the score card in a day or so.

I enjoy walking the late winter fields/woods for sheds; no monster sheds but still some respectable ones.

-fsh
Old 10-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe fish!!!!! Keep it up guys. We are in the lead and the best part of the season is yet to come. This morning I didn't see any but after I got down I did a little walk around in the pines and counted 12 different scrapes. Some of them were really tore up big time. Going back out this evening but I'm not sure where yet. I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Spike

Way to go fish! Can't wait to see the pics and read the story of your harvest.

We now have 6 out of 10 team members with at least 1 deer down and the rut has not even fully kicked in yet. Keep it up everyone.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice fish good job. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

This evening I saw nothing. My buddy was hunting in a stand about 80 yards down from me and he killed a button buck at 6:40. Going out in the morning. I will update. Keep the good work up guys. The best part of the season is yet to come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.