Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hey team, congrats on the deer!
I've put 3600 miles on my jeep the past 10 days, driving out to Oklahoma and back (non-hunting trip) - something I didn't want to mention because of lurkers, if you know what I mean.
I hope to get out tomorrow afternoon, after I "decompress" a bit more, lol.

-fsh
Old 10-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday morning hunt was uneventful. No sightings for me. My buddy saw a big doe and a 110" 8 point but had no shots. My next time out will be Monday evening. Good luck to everyone!!!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still working 11 or 13 hours everyday. Thinkin seriously bout calling in sick on Halloween.
I've got a Lon standing policy on determining whether a button buck or not
Rule #1. If a deer comes in by itself It generally is a button buck
# 2. If it is the first of a group of deer it is generally a button buck
#3#3 if the deer is in a standing position an begins to move a button buck kind of "kick starts" his movement. Idk how to really describe it but it is definitely different than a doe
These rules have pretty much eliminated my button buck kills. But like u said the young ones are the best eating. And it is definitely not an easy task judging them from a tree
Old 10-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks pj for the tips. I usually don't have a problem with this. This is my 17th year of bow hunting and I have probably only shot 5 button bucks and mostly all of them were in the first couple years of my bow hunting time. Now, as of right now here is my hunting schedule for the upcoming week. Hopefully nothing changes. I will be out Monday evening, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, Thursday and Friday evenings and Saturday is up in the air. If I do get out Saturday it will only be in the evening. Good luck to all. Let's keep putting points on the board.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I finally connected with one. Unfortunately its not the big one but its one of my biggest. I shot it about 0915 Saturday morning. Came in by itself feeding. I was at full draw when it was about 10 yards away and as it got into an opening it turned directly at me and stopped and looked at me. It new something was wrong and took off running about 20 yards and then started walking again and came about 20 yards behind me and the rest is history. The Rage did the job. Deer ran about 50 yards and piled up. I will measure it up once i get it back this weekend from the butcher. I was in a rush Saturday after I shot it so I couldn't get a tape on it. I hope this helps our team a little bit. Its only a 6 point. No brows are killing me. The buck i shot here last year was a 7 point just like this one and no brows either...... Now time to try to get a doe down.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats sniper! You guys are all doing great. Hopefully I will be able to contribute when I finally get an opportunity to hunt
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome sniper. Nice bow buck! I always liked morning hunts. Just like being in the woods when everything comes alive.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

So what do you fellers do for a living. I build scaffold in an oil refinery. Kind of fun. Just like playing on giant monkey bars
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job on the buck Sniper!!!!! Should be 80"-100" my guess. As long as everyone keeps contributing like they have been I think we can take this. Good luck to everyone!!!!! The temps are dropping and the bucks are really starting to move.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple pics from my trail camera. This scrape is about 15 yards to the left of my tree stand. I wonder if the buck off in the distance is the same buck that was at the scrape. It is really hard to tell. I am hoping it is a different one because then I know for sure of 2 nice ones that are hanging out right by my stand. I also has several pics of does and smaller bucks stopping at this scrape. I think the good pic of the buck, I am guessing maybe 150" but it's really hard to tell.
Attached Thumbnails Team Edge. #6-bucks1.jpg   Team Edge. #6-bucks2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.