Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

This morning we didn't see a thing. I don't know if it was the October lull or the 2 day muzzle loader stirred things up. At any rate it wasn't a good morning at all.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sat in a stand Monday evening where I always see deer. I didn't see a single deer. This really makes me believe it was due to that 2 day muzzle loader season. There is a cold front moving in Wednesday/Thursday. I am going to try and hunt Thursday morning and evening. I am not sure I will be able to do either but I will let you all know. I am also going to try and get out Friday and Saturday mornings as well. I know Saturday is a definite go but Thursday and Friday are iffy due to work and church commitments. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze all these hunts in especially with the big cold front moving in. Good luck to everyone!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Arty and Pines. Our teams doing really well. Keep it up guys.

Pines this is so weird you hunt that unit. I grew up around there too. I hunted off brown deer rd a few times. There are some big deer there.

Keep it up guys!! Be Safe!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I didnt see any deer on stand monday morning. This was my first time in the new woods. It looks really good. I might hit it back up saturday. I will be out tuesday morning at my normal property for a few hrs before work. The rain has finally stopped so lets hope things pick up.

Pines - I am interested in seeing your video.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Pines, it is a challenge to get anything on video. Don't worry the more you do it the better you will get at it. Good job, keep it up.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys! Don't get jealous! My three week vacation starts October 26th and goes until November 16th. I can't wait!!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Hey guys! Don't get jealous! My three week vacation starts October 26th and goes until November 16th. I can't wait!!!!!
Let me guess. You plan your vacation around the rut?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

What kind of trail cams u guys use. I've tried bout all of them and honestly the best I've used are the bushnell 6 mp cams that Walmart sells for 100$. They work great. Battery lasts forever and they come with a screw in thing to mount to tree at any angle. Even better is they have a 2 yr warranty. And there customer service is excellent
Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I have done my vacation now this way for about the last 8 years or so. I still have enough vacation time left to take another week or two for just me and the wife so my wife actually looks forward to my hunting vacation as I call it.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, hopefully I will be able to get off early today and tomorrow. If so, I am going both this morning and Friday morning. Saturday morning is a definite yes because I am off Friday night. Unfortunately all 3 of these evenings I will be unable to hunt. After Saturday morning my next time out will be Monday evening. I am going to hit my favorite buck killing stand for the first time this year. Right now all the conditions look pretty good as far as the forecast goes as long as nothing changes. I will keep you updated on these hunts. Keep at them and good luck everyone!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.