Team Edge. #6

Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Spike

Checking in. I am in Centerview, MO 1 hr East of Kansas City. I will be on public land only this year unless I pull somthing out of my a**. A cattle farmer leased the property that i was hunting and does not want hunting around his cattle. I did apply for a managed deer hunt and I have 4 pref points so hopfully I will get picked. Good luck to everybody
Old 09-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like we're still missing a couple of guys. Need to come up with a name and decide on a captain
Old 09-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Spike

Hey Team,

I am going to say I am out on captain....I have a baby on the way so I have tons of projects around the house. I am hunting close to home mainly this year for that main reason....That said here are a few I hope to get an arrow in.

The tall brow we are calling "daggers"
The wide 10
and Stickers---we think he will go 15 points or so!

Heres hoping!!!
Pines
Attached Thumbnails Team Edge. #6-img_1364.jpg   Team Edge. #6-img_1282.jpg   Team Edge. #6-img_1283.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one more stand up this past Thursday and I have one more to go. I will get that one up on Tuesday. I know exactly where it will be going. I'm still hoping to get a last minute approval on a property adjacent to a property I am hunting on now. If I get that I will also have to put a stand or 2 there. I will be off this next week from Tuesday to Tuesday. I should be able to get everything that needs done before the season starts on the 28th of September.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use The Rage. What broadheads do you guys all use?
Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Typical Buck

Man - I bought some Rage Hypodermics to try - I have used slick tricks for years (Thunderheads/Wasp prior years) and the Rage will be my first ever mechs.

I plan to get out this coming week. I am still planting fall plots, so that is slowing me down. I usually hunt the local Navy Base, but they have yet to get out the hunting instruction (the instruction sets the deer limits that do not count against our State limits).

Nice bucks there Pines! Hope you nail one.

-fsh
Old 09-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

I've had zero luck with the rages. Bought two packs and ended up throwing them away. The little rubber ring thing quit holding the blades all the time. I use the spitfires with the blade on the end. Thought about using swhackers after these
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see it anywhere in the rules for this year but last year we added points for a doe. Are we doing that again this year?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Typical Buck

Man
Does count again this year for 25 pts. Go get 'em.

-fsh
Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Spike

I shoot the Muzzy 125s.

I tired rage a while back but found my set up is more accurate with the Muzzys. I took a turkey last fall with the bow....30 yards....lucky...but I could see the three blades where they sliced right through the heart. Perfect imprint!

I will stick with my muzzys.

Also looking to stick a doe early to earn a tag and get some meat back in the deep freeze.
Pines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.