Team Edge. #6

Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be looking to go out this coming Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. I am hoping it will happen on Thursday evening then I will be done and the freezer will be topped off.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

I sat out in the cold this afternoon hoping for some action, but nada. Deer movement on the cams has been good, but not consistent, it pays to be lucky, lol. Two more days left in our season, and I'll be out there...

-fsh
Old 01-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck there fish!!!!! I will be out the next three days or until I get one. Whichever one comes first. Hoping to nail one this evening.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

No joy, just a button came by tonight and that closes out our season. Good effort team.
Thanks for carrying the flag, Man! Hope we meet again on another team...

-fsh
Old 01-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen deer each of the last 2 nights out but no shots. The first night i had a very large shed buck walk right under me. Naturally I let him pass. That was probably the 170" split G-2 buck I was after. Too bad he didn't do that when he had antlers on his head. Friday night I had 5 does 15-20 yards behind but I had no shots on any of them. They milled around behind me almost a 1/2 hour then left. There must of been one still close by that I didn't see cause as I was getting down one blew at me. I still have this evening to try and put one down. I have high hopes. I know the deer are still around cause I have seen them and there are tracks all around.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the way my season ended on Saturday. Walking in to my stand I saw one deer. I did not see a single deer while in the stand. On my drive home I had either a 4 or 6 point come out of nowhere and I nailed him with my car. The car had very minimal damage and I was not hurt thankfully. The deer unfortunately wasn't any worse for the wear either. He immediately jumped up and took of running like nothing happened. I was hoping if I had a deer damage my car I could at least get some meat out of the deal but no such luck. You have to wonder sometimes how tough they really are. Great season everyone and maybe we will see you all in next year's contest.