Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Almost got it done openeing morning. I shot over the back of a mulie I had been watching. I ranged him at 45 but when I re-ranged it after the shot. It said 35. I think a bush may have gotten in the way. He was a bruiser. Oh well I haven't missed in awhile. I was due one.

I decided to hunt my whitetail stand in a river bottom. From the minute I was in the stand I had does on all four sides of me. I could have put us on the board but it's too sweet of an area to shoot a doe right away and maybe screw it up. I did see a 140 inch 9 point rubbing some bushes 200 yds away. It's just a matter of time before I can close the deal.

I did take sat afternoon off from deer hunting to hunt some elk. My buddy connected on a nice bull at 35 yds.

Pretty good opening weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Team Edge. #6-elk.jpg  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

I have used Rage's for the past few years and have had really good success with them. I am giving their new hypodermic's a try this year.

I have a couple nice bucks by my house; however I dont have permission to hunt the property yet. I am in Virgina right now. I looked up the property owners and it is an estate and the 'in care of' comes back to someone in Montana. I sent a letter to them around early summer and have not heard back; however I did find out that a local farmer is farming the property. Mainly just hay from the looks of it. I want to get you guys' thoughts on how to approach this for permission? Any tips. I will only get 1 shot at this so before I do it I figured I would see what y'all have to say. I have a hunting resume with all my information and pictures of my vehicle for identification. I just haven't had luck with getting permission here in VA. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got permission by dressing nice and having a liabilty release form for them to sign. Most say no because their afraid your gonna get hurt on their property. Also I start with asking for archery only. Since then he lets me hunt anything with anything.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Good idea with the liability release form. Do you have a sample of that form? I do like the archey first idea. Most ppl thing guns right away when you ask for hunting. Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Here a candidate for me for this year.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Pa on the buck.
As far as asking permission: the liability form and bow-only are a good start. Landowners do not relish losing control of their land. If possible, ask only permission for yourself, maybe ask to hunt only for one or two days a week. If it makes sense, offer to do some work around the place in exchange for hunting. Always be courteous, and thank the owner for their consideration even if you are turned down.

-fsh
Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds good fshafly. I hope to get out and do some knocking here this week or next. Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

This buck is killing me. I saw the whitetail buck again. Last night with an hr of light left he jumped the fence and feed around me for an hr or so unitl it got dark. But he stayed about 65 yds out. I had quit a bit of time to judge his rack. He's a bruiser of an 8 pt. g-2's 15 inches, mass. I hope to see him again.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that sounds like a nice buck. Its still early. He has plenty of time to make a mistake! Good luck.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you have a lot of good candidates there deernutz. Good luck with them. Good looking 8 there Pa. You taking him out if given the chance? Looks like we need to get busy picking a captain and a team name. Nominations, volunteers, let's have them. Here is a team name I will toss out there: Tree stand Archers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.