Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get 'em to stop why? Like my dad used to say all the time. Let 'em fly. Im kidding he did say that though. That was is trademark joke every hunting season. We'd come home with an empty truck with a story of a monster we saw. He would just stand there staring at you, and then say "Why didn't you let 'em fly" " I would have" "Can't fill your tag if your just gonna watch 'em". He was a jokster. Ok enough about my dad I'm gonna start blubbering like a girl.

Sounds like your in the heat of it MOTF. Just a matter of time before you connect.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Out right now in a new set. No deer yet but it looks real good. Ill keep yall posted. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday morning was out with my buddy. He only saw 2 coyotes and I didn't see a thing. I got called in to work tonight and Sunday night. Then I will be off for the next 12 days. I will be getting off at 4 AM Monday morning so I am definitely going out Monday morning and evening. I will update you on those hunts. Good luck!!!!! Keep at them!!!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Winged one tonite. Couldn't sit in the tree I wanted to cause of the wind so I settled for another. Saw a all buck at 20 after 4 then bout an hour later a
Doe and fawn came in right behind me. They made their way out into the field and I turned back to see a giant Following after them. No shot at all inthe woods. And since new tree. No clean lanes to where he was heading. Crossed small neck in field and was heading into the woods after the doe. Then he stopped to make a scrape after I grunted at him. I finally maneuvered around enough that I found a four inch window and let one flu at about 38 yards. Arrow pegged him in the front part of the shoulder blade as he was quartering away. Blood trailed h 3/4 mile until he crossed onto private ground. Bright red blood the hole way. If say muscle wound I guess. Thouroughly disgusted. Was a main frame 8 that would have went mid 50's plus he had 3 big stickers. Would of grossed mid-high 160's
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, that really sucks. I have been there too. You think there is any chance he is down and would you be able to recover him? Good luck to all!!!!! Go get them!!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

No. I don't think it was fatal. I think it hit in front of shoulder blade and poked through his brisket. I was on public area and he crossed to private.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted this weekend. Had a 140 - 9 point at 35 yards, but couldn't get a clean enough shot I felt comfortable with. Headed back out Thursday thru next Tuesday, still think it is a bit early. Good Luck everyone
Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see the scores were added up again. Looks like mouse didn't give fshfly2 credit for hid doe.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys......I had an interesting Friday to say the least. Shot doe in the am (Unfortunately only have 1 pic of just the doe and no field shot, so we might not get credit for it) and then shot this guy in the afternoon. This is one I call the Big 9. I got him on trail camera 4 times. 1 time in velvet and then 3 other times out of velvet (All at night - last time ended up being the morning I shot him). I never thought I would ever see him. I hung this stand on Tuesday of this week based on where I was seeing deer in this other ladder stand that is on the property. I got into stand about 1:30pm. I am set up at the edge of this overgrown field. I have a shooting lane cleared out into this field for about a 40 yard shot. There is a buck rub out there so I sprayed some Nightmare scent on it and on the ground and then hung up some Dead Red scent. It was an uneventful evening until about 6:25pm. I saw movement in front of me toward my left. I immediately glassed the deer and saw the crab claw on its right side. He walks from my left directly out in front of me right to my 40 yard lane. Gets to my scent and then stops and starts sniffing. By this time, I am already at full draw. He then turns away from me still smelling around. Now quartering away shot presents itself, I let it fly. I see my lighted knock hit and then stop! It looked light the perfect height on the deer but it didn’t look like good penetration. I heard the deer run off and a lot of loud crashing going on; however I didn’t think it was the deer going down b/c of how thick it was over there. I waited like an hour (a very long hour) and then got down to see if I could find my knock. I could not but was able to locate some blood and the blood was good. It was everywhere. Man was I happy! I then figured I must have stuck it in the opposite shoulder. At first I was thinking the front shoulder but not after seeing the blood. Marked the trail and went to truck to regroup. Came back and trailed it and found it where I last heard the crashing. I couldn’t believe it. I am still in awwwwww.
Attached Thumbnails Team Edge. #6-bigbuck.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats sniper!!!!! That is a great looking deer. Looks like somewhwere 120-130. I have been close to some action these last couple days just haven't seen the right buck yet. Hopefully it will happen soon. Keep at them and good luck!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.