Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 10-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got one down this morning. I will attach the pictures either later on today or tonight.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Spike

Way to go Man! Can't wait to see the picture and read the story.

I will start hunting for my doe next week.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's meat and 25 points for the team.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice congrats MOTF.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats! I am hoping to get out Friday morning. Was hoping to this morning but my tiredness won the battle!

TRAIL CAMERAS: I currently run the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD. I bought 1 b/c the place I had planned on putting it was on a field edge and wanted that 'field scan mode'. It worked really good. Then I saw walmart selling them for $140 so I ended up buying 2 more. I couldnt help myself. I have used moultrie and wild game innovations. I liked them but they didnt seem to last long. My wild game just died on me this spring so thats what prompted me to buy another one. I am currently running 2 over some mock scrapes.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out yesterday morning with my buddy. I got into my stand but he got lost in the woods on the way to his stand. So, after making all kinds of racket he gave up and went back to the truck and went to sleep. For the next 15 minutes there was this deer that kept blowing for like every 20 seconds. I figured the hunt was pretty much ruined. I heard some walking around in the darkness but nothing I could see. Then, around 8:00 I see this deer coming my way. It was alone. The first thing I do is to look and see if it's a button buck or a doe. I looked and looked and could not see any buttons so it appeared to me to be a 1 1/2 year old doe. I drew back three separate times before I could finally get the shot off. Well, I hit high and the arrow must have hit the underside of the spine because even though it was a pass through the deer went down on the spot. I pulled out another arrow to finish it and just as I was releasing the arrow the deer turned and raised up and it just went under the skin at the left shoulder. So, I put a third shot into the deer and it finally died a few minutes later. I have never shot a deer three times with a bow up until I shot this deer. This was not my lucky day. Then, after I get down and got a little closer to the deer I saw it had real little buttons. Needless to say I wasn't very happy I just shot a button buck. This is usually not the way I go about my deer hunting and I hope you can all see past this unfortunate isolated incident. On the other hand I got my first one of the year down and these young deer are definitely the best eating ones. We also put 25 more points on the board for our team. Hopefully if I get off work early again I will be back at it Friday morning. Saturday morning I will be hunting one of my really good spots for the first time this season. Here is a picture. Good luck to all!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Edge. #6-doedown1.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck today. I had to leave the stand early because we are going to my grandson's Grandparents Day at his school. I will be going back put Saturday morning to one of my favorite stands. It will be my first sit in that stand this year. Good luck to everyone!!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Spike

Well team,

Headed up to the Shawano WI area to chase the bucks. Sounds like a lot of bucks running around making scrapes and my buddy said he laid down some scent and the deer were there within the hour! I think I will try that.

Any tips for rattling and grunting in the pre rut?

Also hoping to get some good video of the Adaptive sportsman hunters. They are all wheelchair bound but getting out on our 100 acres to try some hunting. Mostly ground blinds along corn field corners. Farmer did us a favor and took down the first 50ft of corn. It should be good. The deer like those corners around us when the corn first goes down and the blinds are already tucked in. The farmer took it down late last night so the next couple of days should be good.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

MOTF don't worry about it. You got a deer with a bow. Doesn't matter what it was or how big. I have a better one for you. About 6 yrs ago I was late season bowhunting in Northern WI and a big doe came in and I watched her for 10 mis or so. I made a good shot. I'm pumped I get down and make it over to my doe, but it's not a doe it's a 3 1/2 yr old buck that dropped it's horns before Christmas. I think mine beats yours so don't beat yourself up over it.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pines good luck this weekend. I've never had much luck rattling in WI. Not sure why. I say hit those acorns if any. They'll probably hit those right out of bed on their way out to the corn. Hit the trails from bed to feed. Get em on their terms. Be safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.