Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it will be warmer Saturday evening but it will be before a strong front is moving in. Hopefully I will see some action.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you ever have one of those sits? I think I was busted by every deer in the woods tonight. Needless to say I saw 13 deer and some very large does that I really wanted to kill. Unfortunately they saw me too.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't be getting out Monday like I thought I might be able to because I have some church commitments that came up. But, I am definitely going Tuesday morning. I will be changing the location of the one stand though I sat in Saturday evening. I knew this would be a great spot but as almost every deer comes to the location they are looking right at me. When I put it up I didn't even think about that. So I am going to swing the stand over to the other side of the funnel and hopefully they will have a much more difficult time picking me off and I will have a much easier time trying to draw on them and take them out. I just want everyone to know I hunt when and as much as I can. But, I'm sure like you guys we all have priorities in life. Mine, in this order are God, family, hunting/work. The reason I put hunting and work on the same level are is because if I didn't have to work I'd be hunting. But, if I didn't have to hunt I'd still be hunting. Good luck to you all, keep at them!!!!!

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 10-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Typical Buck

I like your priorities Man...

-fsh
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the stand moved and I will be back at it Tuesday morning.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am hoping with the big drop in temperature it will get the deer on their feet. I will be hitting it Tuesday morning.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

It is cooling off here in VA. Rained most of the day today. We needed it. I just found out today that I will be working 11-730 for the whole month of October. This should let me get out a lot of mornings this year If the weather is good, I will be out Thursday morning.

Do any of you by chance know if HOA's typically have any rules in their laws about hunting? I know all are differnt but I wanted to see if any of you had any experiences with them. I managed to get permission on a 50 acre parcel bordering the property where I saw this big drop tin; however the owner said he has to get back to me b/c he is going to contact the HOA to make sure its ok. I was happy at first and then like ohhhh damn. I have an HOA and there is nothing about hunting in their rules, i feel like if you ask they will probably say NO.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

All he would have to do is look in his convinents. It should say no or nothing. More than likely they'll say noo just to be P/C. HOA's useless.

The temp dropped here. I went out sat morn to try and fill my elk tag and it was 11 out.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Spike

I saw a shooter last night right before dark. I am going back tonight and moving my stand to see if I can get within bow range. Hopefully he comes back the same route.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My morning sit was much better than the last 2 mornings I had gone out. I saw 2 decent bucks approach a scrape about 15 or 20 minutes before shooting light. Then, I saw the same 5 point this makes the 3rd time. I also saw a group of 5 does. No shots but encouraging. I do work the next 2 nights but I am going to try and get off early one of those nights and hit the woods again. I am definitely going out Thursday evening for sure. Good luck everyone!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.