Community

Team Edge. #6

Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

pj, go back to your opening post and click the edit button. Then, click the edit button again. This should allow you then to change the name of the thread. If that doesn't work send Fieldmouse a pm and he should be able to walk you through it.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have all my gear ready for the opener on Saturday. Friday I just have to wash everything up. I will also be dumping out some more corn and acorns. After that I will be slinging a few arrows at the target and get some last minute fine tuning in. Hopefully I will at least score a doe.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys sounds like a lot of your openers are this weekend or coming soon. Good luck to everyone. May you guys shoot the buck of your lives. Be safe and just have fun.

There was a cold snap that came through this week. No snow in the valley but the mountains are white already. Kinda weird seeing snow so soon.

I went out last night and was able to harvest another doe. Too bad it won't go on the scoreboard. I know some of you are wondering why I keep shooting deer. The farmer made a deal with me. He would let me hunt if I helped thin the herd. I guess when the snow comes it's nothing to see 100 deer in a field. In my area I'm allowed a buck tag and 6 antlerless tags. I have two friends that are in a bad way so the deer will be going to a great cause.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I'll post a pic tonight.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Spike

Deernutz, I think that is a great thing you do! If there are enough deer--feed your friends! I usually get an extra deer to help a family friend who could use the meat. They are on tough times and it really does help. Plus on the other side you get to keep hunting!!!!

Congrats on another deer.

My Wed. night sit was a bust. Did not see a deer. I hunt a metro unit and the neighbor was out mowing his lawn and playing with the horse so no deer movement. Headed out sometime this weekend.
Shoot straight all!
Pines
Old 09-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

No need to apologize for shooting does Nutz - we have unlimited doe tags here.

I saw 14 deer and 23 turks this evening - two 8-ptrs, but not shooters; closest doe passed 45 yds out. One day their luck will run out, lol.

-fsh
Old 09-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the doe I got thurs night.

In the past people have given me a hard time if I shoot more deer then they think is appropriate. Glad to see our team is level headed and understands .

I do know one thing. Based off the bucks I've been seeing. I just hope half make it through hunting season. Next year might be the year I shoot a monster.

Good luck guys. Ill be out this weekend trying to get a bull.
Attached Thumbnails Team Edge. #6-doe-2.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck in the morning hunt. I had a couple close calls on some does just wasn't able to pull off a shot.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Hey nutz great work! I like donating a deer or two to needy families as well. Hope everyone has a good opener. Ours starts oct 1 here. Good news, the big 9 i feared was dead came back. Brought a really nice 8 with Him as well. Looks like most are in hard horn now so it won't be long til they seperate.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I won't be getting back out until Monday morning. Keep at them and good luck out there.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a close call on a big doe but she never gave me the shot I wanted. Could have shot a little 5 pointer but definitely not what I am looking for in a buck. Overall I saw 7 deer. Not a bad sit for the first morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.