Community

Team 8

Old 10-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Quick picture ladies and gents. 8 Point Shot at 07:04 and went 60 yards and piled up. Old man is tired now and needs food, Full story later.)))) Now I am Trophy hunting one of the huge bucks, 2nd buck tag comes in handy.

Story later, hungry and need food)))

Dave
Old 10-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Bartender

Congrats Dave!!! Way to get us on the board. I like the UC too and if you don't mind I would like to post this on the Ultimate camo facebook page.
Originally Posted by SouthernMDArcherer
Quick picture ladies and gents. 8 Point Shot at 07:04 and went 60 yards and piled up. Old man is tired now and needs food, Full story later.)))) Now I am Trophy hunting one of the huge bucks, 2nd buck tag comes in handy.

Story later, hungry and need food)))

Dave
Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Dave!

I saw a lot of deer the last 4 days, but only a spike (2 days in a row) and a forkie, 3 days straight! The forkie had me fooled the first day, saw a flash of horn and a wide body but only the four points. Have to wait until the last week of the month to get back out, looking forward to another Halloween Buck!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!!! That is a fine buck right there... let's make sure to get him entered onto the official score card for the team!
That's a beautiful buck... not many like that around here.
Hunted Sun & Mon afternoon (NY & CT).
Not a thing...
Old 10-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,

It's about time you used that harp to do something other than summon angels! Congrats buddy!

I hope you don't mind me snooping. I love sizing up the competition. I read Team 8's entire 12 page thread. Now that you ladies have settled on a "tight" name, showed each other boy pictures, talked shopping, and discussed size in your regions, isn't it about that time of the month when things should start bleeding? Put down the purses and get-r-done Team 8!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Dave,

It's about time you used that harp to do something other than summon angels! Congrats buddy!

I hope you don't mind me snooping. I love sizing up the competition. I read Team 8's entire 12 page thread. Now that you ladies have settled on a "tight" name, showed each other boy pictures, talked shopping, and discussed size in your regions, isn't it about that time of the month when things should start bleeding? Put down the purses and get-r-done Team 8!

Hey buddy, wassup? Having a great time hunting this year, my 21 year old son who has not bow hunted since he was 15 decided to hunt this year. I am still chasing that big buck from 4 years ago, I really hope me or my son get a crack at him this year.

BTW Team, I dropped the buck off at the butcher this evening, should have the rack back and scored in a couple days.

Dave
Old 10-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck Dave.

It's been a slow start to our season in VA. I hunted the opener on 10/5 in the morning until 10 a.m. and didn't see a deer. This spot is usually good for 6-10 deer per sit in the morning and usually 1 or 2 are bucks. Our acorn crop is non-existent this year and the deer aren't feeding through on the way to their bedding area.

I next hunted the evening of 10/8, but was late getting into the woods and deer were already in the fields when I got there. Bumped a couple getting to my stand and coming out, but nothing while in the stand.

Saturday 10/12 was raining all morning and I didn't see anything.

Yesterday I saw 2 does in the morning and shot the second one.

I got her skinned and quartered and put her in the freezer and went back out in the afternoon. I ended up missing a doe with my recurve and then shooting a different doe a little later with my compound. Ended up seeing 7 does yesterday and a small buck.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that picture is pretty crappy. The batteries in my camera were dead and I resorted to the timer on my phone.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

nice one cory!
congrats
Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Bartender

Congrats cory!

LOL Will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.