Team 5 check in

Old 09-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Luckily for me they are saying that it will be cooling down this week! Good luck guys!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

The temps are suppose to cool down this weekend in WI. I haven't been in to the woods since the kids got his. Lots of nice deer seen on camera and in the food plots. Bucks are all rubbed off and starting to travel on their own. Should be a good season if I can connect. How is the team name coming along? If it gets changed from team 5 please send me a message so I can find the thread. Good luck guys.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck guys
I am pumped I have drawed to hunt a few days in a military base near my house! There are great bucks in there. I am picky especially in there. I seen a 140" 8 point two years ago that I could not get a shot off on. Unfortunately another guy down the same set of woods did. I helped drag him out. He was 20 3/8 inside spread! He was a great buck!
I seen 8 bucks and dad seen 9 bucks. It was good two years ago, last year was very slow hope this year will be better. I stay on stand daylight to dark.
My other hunting spots are not showing much for good bucks but that is typical. They start showing themselves closer to November. I don't use trail cams where I believe their bedding areas are. No need to disrupt things just for some pics! I want to see them with bow in my hands! I also only hunt those stands when the rut is closing in.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Well the season finally starts tomorrow. It is be 85 degrees tomorrow. I am going for a few hours in the morning. At least it will be nice to back in the woods again with my bow! Good luck everyone!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Got out all weekend. Saw a few small bucks-close enough for shots but passed, and one nice shooter-a hundred yards away. Was nice to be in a stand and see some deer. Good luck to everyone getting out, be safe and shoot straight.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Well I normally do not spend to much during the week hunting during the first few weeks of archery season. Well I had off work this past Tuesday so decided to go out in the evening. Well I had a great evening!
25 minutes before dark I look over to see deer coming in my direction. It took about a second to realize a real good buck was coming! He came with in 25 yards but no shot! I had another opening but before I could react he was already through the opening. All I could do then is watch him walk up the mtn.
So I left work early the next day to see if I could get a shot on the buck. I did see 7 but he not with them! I was a bit disappointed to say the least. When I got to my truck last night I notice a flashlight on the ridge! The guy walked up right he was bedded the night before! I felt a sick feeling but not much I can say it is public hunting. I am staying close to that area but I am not pressuring it much. If that hunter did jump him, I am sure he is on high alert now! I have no doubt he is in the area!
He was definitely one the larger bucks I have seen this early in the season. All it does is add to my obsession!!

Hope everyone else is having some luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Nice encounter, its hard with public land. Living near Chicago there is limited public ground and everywhere it is there are a ton of hunters. Glad to have some other private spots to hunt on. Have to travel this weekend so wont make it in the stand but hopefully next weekend I can
Old 10-15-2013, 05:41 AM
Spike

Just checking in from the stand. So far today I've had 4 skinheads at 15 yards no bucks today. Yesterday only seen 2 does. Didn't hunt the weekend because Ohio came up with stupid idea of a early 2 day antlerless muzzleloader season that u couldn't even shoot a buck during those 2 days with a bow. Last week a bunch of does a a few small bucks.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

Just doing a quick check in. Temps in WI are getting cold. Calling for a mix of snow and rain on Saturday. Had a nice encounter with a very nice 8 point earlier this week. Starting to see better deer every time I sit.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Definitely cooling off here in Illinois as well. Hoping to get out a couple times this weekend but the wife and house chores say otherwise......what do they know anyways!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.