team 10 check in

Old 09-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

I cant hunt yet but the old lady had me going to the gym yesterday ughh lol. Home watching all the football games today!!! its a good day.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Two bucks under my tree last night eating acorns a 4 and a basket 8. I have taken three bucks out of this stand over the years, two of these bucks were shot on halloween night including the one in my avatar.Hunting a new spot tonight this spot has a L shaped ridge around it with a nice trail coming off the ridge that intersects with a trail running through a pine grove, that's were my stand is 20 yrds away from the intersection of these two trails.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season opens tomorrow, finally. I'll hunt a couple of afternoons this week. I'm meat hunting, so the first doe that steps by without fawns is going to have an arrow sent her way.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hear you there super. Actually season starts tomorrow also in southern NY. Northern season opened this last fri. Its great cause can use any left over tags from last season as long as had last years license. Usually get lucky and have one on ground up there . Didnt fair so while this year. Was alright thou. Got to spend some time in woods. Good luck guys, lets get some points.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like perfect spot jag-mag.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

well i got out lastnight for the first sit.it was not to enjoyable 75 degrees.
i did see three bucks 2 small and one shooter just before dark.be heading back out this afternoon. good luck!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

good luck joe hope your out on a blood trail
Old 10-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by joejr69
well i got out lastnight for the first sit.it was not to enjoyable 75 degrees.

Wow, 75 degrees was not enjoyable? Try 91 degrees with high humidity levels. That's our high today, but I'm still going this afternoon. It's vey humid, so I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of sweating. I went Tuesday afternoon, but saw only two does with fawns. Then the bottom fell out. Rained hard the rest of the evening.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Wow, 75 degrees was not enjoyable? Try 91 degrees with high humidity levels. That's our high today, but I'm still going this afternoon. It's vey humid, so I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of sweating. I went Tuesday afternoon, but saw only two does with fawns. Then the bottom fell out. Rained hard the rest of the evening.
yup 91 degrees is a little to warm. But looking at your weather forecast doesn't look promising there in LA super. Karen heading your way.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

She's going to be to the east of us. I live in West Monroe, which is in north LA., so we won't be affected by her. I did manage to get a doe yesterday evening. I shot her a little far back, so it took me some time in finding her. I probably shouldn't have taken the shot because shooting light was very low, but it was a broadside shot at 25 yards so I took it. I will post a picture of her this evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.