Team 4 Rackoholics check in.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Well this weather we are having has given me a pretty good cold. I leave for Indiana tomorrow morning and there is no way I am letting this cold slow me down. There is going to be a 10 degree drop in the high temps from today till Saturday. Plus add in the rain storm that will have moved threw today and tonight I think this weekend could be some prime hunting! If the deer aren't on their feet moving I will be prety dang suprised!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by henson59
Well this weather we are having has given me a pretty good cold. I leave for Indiana tomorrow morning and there is no way I am letting this cold slow me down. There is going to be a 10 degree drop in the high temps from today till Saturday. Plus add in the rain storm that will have moved threw today and tonight I think this weekend could be some prime hunting! If the deer aren't on their feet moving I will be prety dang suprised!
It's going to get good from here on out.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a nice 8 at 60. Later saw 2 bucks chasing 3 does all over the woods (except by me). One of the 2 was very nice. Also had 2 small bucks under my stand. Yesterday was awesome. All on public land.

Today has been slow.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stricken with strep throat at the moment...planning to get a couple hunts in later this week before smoke pole season starts Saturday. Then, I will plan to take at least one deer with a firearm. After that, the bow will be coming back out. Best of luck to everyone!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Well I am back from my trip and no deer. I saw just about every spike and fork horn in the area and a couple small doe fawns. I did have a nice looking 115" 3yr old come in to my kill plot on Sunday night but we are letting those deer walk and letting them mature. I will be back down on the 15th and I plan on bow hunting the first 3 days of the Indiana gun season.

We saw lots of good sign but it looks like things are just now starting to heat up. I am hoping by the 15th things will be hott!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Spike

Nice to hear folks seeing some chasing...its finally starting to heat up a bit...too bad no one got one last weekend.

I'm heading up to my camp in Potter Co. Pa for a long weekend Thrus - Monday

Good luck to everyone this weekend!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw quite a few bucks chasing this weekend. 3 that I would have shot but no opportunities. one was at 30 broadside for about 2 seconds. fun weekend.

going back to Wisconsin next Monday and Tuesday to do it all over again.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Spike

hope to get out this weekend, been slow for me last few times out.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw tons of deer this morning. Passed on a pretty good 7 pt...thought about it for a while, but decided not to. Saw a 1.5 year old with a basket 8 rack...looked like phenomenal genetics...hope to run into him in 2-3 years. Found LOTS of new scrapes and rubs...exciting morning!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

I'm currently looking after my son's farm 150 miles from home. I don't know the area but I've gone out a couple times, to no avail. Did cut a big set of fresh bear tracks in the snow the other morning; not denned up yet I guess. Will try some more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.