Team 4 Rackoholics check in.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I use an '07 hoyt trykon, jeep commander, and tow a keystone outback trayhlah...... (just one more outback)

for gun season I shoot a 300 win mag model 70...

henson, i did post the pic on the score thread as well. thanks for the reminder
Old 10-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Spike

Well not much deer hunting so far, but was successful on moose hunt:

Today was my first day in the deer woods and had a 6 and a 7 pointer walk with in range in the morning and a different 7 in the afternoon. I passed on all three. No does. Maybe better luck next week.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, Big10, that's a humdinger. No matter whether you get any deer this year or not, your season is a howling success. I'm thinking you weren't moose hunting in PA - where were you at? A hearty congratulations.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Spike

Thanks Canuck...I got him in northeastern Ontario not too far from Timmins. Did a fly in outpost hunt with air ivanhoe. The outfitter sets us up with tags, a one room cabin, boats and motors, and flies us into a remote lake, from there on out it is pretty much DIY with a few mid-week check-ins to replenish supplies and fly out the meat. It was a great trip.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Big 10! That's awesome!

I actually don't use the Mathews Outback anymore...had to give it up this year after yet another shoulder injury. I am now shooting a handicapped model...a Barnett Ghost 350. During ML season, I use a CVA Optima Elite, and during gun/rifle season I use either a Weatherby Vanguard in .300 WBY MAG, a .270 WIN barrel on my CVA Optima, or a Marlin 336W .30-30. They all work well. My favorite gun is my WBY...so accurate, fits me the best, and has the best glass on it. It'll shoot a hair over 1/2 MOA, if I do my job...which doesn't happen that well on a regular basis, lol.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I just upgraded this year from a Ross Carnivore to a BowTech Expierience with a HHA one pin and Gold Tip arrows. If you havn't gone out and shot a BowTech I recommend it next time you are looking for a new bow.

For Gun season I use Savage 220 (bolt action 20 Gauge). I shoot Remmington Accutips and have the Nikon Slug Hunter on top. Last year I dropped my 8 point at 190 yards out in a cut bean field. Shot guns have come along way since I picked up my first Remmington 870 18 years ago!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Oh and thats a helluva moose! would love to do that some time.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Spike

sorry i haven't been on lately. Been trying to get on the buck before they picked the corn fields where he has been hanging out. Well corns fields are down now, no buck yet. Rut is starting maybe he will chase a doe by me.

Great Job guys have been out and putting meat in the freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 Rackoholics check in.-101113-135-small-.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a bruiser you got on camera there, huntalot! Hope you can get him...more for your sake than the team's...awesome buck!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews dxt. It's been a good bow, I've shot 15 deer with it so far. i'm ready to upgrade but haven't decided if i'm going to go w/ an xbow or not. i'll shoot a bow as long as I can though.

my season is going pretty crappy. on my mn land I have 2 spikes on my property and that is it for bucks. seriously. never seen anything like this in the 7 years I've owned the land. haven't seen a rub or a scrape. it doesn't help that the guy with 80 acres to the north of me shot 3 or 4 1.5 year old bucks last year. drives me nuts but it's his right.

in Wisconsin I have about a 95" 8 point hanging around daily and a couple smaller 8's and 7's. that's it there too. I've seen one rub there. last year was a bad year and I had pictures of about half a dozen bucks i'd be willing to shoot.

it's amazing how little buck sign I've seen this year. I've logged lots of miles on about 7 different pieces of private property and have seen a GRAND TOTAL of 3 rubs and no scrapes. I don't get it. 2 years ago I counted over a dozen rubs from one of my stands on October 9th! this year, I can't find any sign at all. I've actually hunted far less this year and spent way more time scouting just to try to find some buck sign. it's like it's august or something.

Last edited by RackLuster; 10-21-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.