Community

Team 4 Rackoholics check in.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i got rained out with my son in Wisconsin. will spend the next 2 weeks doing more scouting than hunting. my outside commitments are all taken care of and it's all about hunting for me from here on out. looking forward to the next 2 months.

good luck everyone!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Had one little 2x2 close to me before shooting light this morning - activity seems to have slowed and I fear it may get worse. General doe season opens tomorrow and there should be a lot of loud noises to chase them further underground. We'll see.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck! our youth season opens here on saturday so I will have to put on the orange when I head into the woods. Hopefully I can lay a doe down and get us some more points!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

saw 7 does and fawns last night. fun, but i'd like to see some antlers.

I really won't be hunting very hard this weekend. i'll be scouting out about 4 properties really hard though.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan to do a little scouting and some hunting also.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see a deer all weekend.

kind of funny though...I found a trail cam on some public land. the kid had it over a pile of corn (illegal in this part of Wisconsin). I had a camera with me and took a peek at his pictures. I deleted all his buck pictures. he's going to think there's no bucks in the area

also, he had a picture on the sd card of him with a buck he shot last year (over the same illegal bait pile, he hunted the same stand last year). I saw this buck several times, beautiful wide 10 point and he shot it illegally. chaps my hide.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

I would let those pics fall into the hands of a CO. But thats just me
Old 10-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RackLuster
I didn't see a deer all weekend.

kind of funny though...I found a trail cam on some public land. the kid had it over a pile of corn (illegal in this part of Wisconsin). I had a camera with me and took a peek at his pictures. I deleted all his buck pictures. he's going to think there's no bucks in the area

also, he had a picture on the sd card of him with a buck he shot last year (over the same illegal bait pile, he hunted the same stand last year). I saw this buck several times, beautiful wide 10 point and he shot it illegally. chaps my hide.
That does get sickening.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Just got back from celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving at my son's place, 150 miles from here. We went for a couple hikes in some nice country that holds both whitetails and some nice elk. Didn't see any of either, though there was plenty of fresh sign. Back home now and will be tending my familiar haunts.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys I didn't have any luck this weekend. My little 13 year old cousin did however take his first buck during the IL youth season. Pretty awesome to get to go help him and his grandpa recover the deer.

I have work and family stuff over the next two weeks so I will not be hunting again until Oct. 25th. I will be taking a 3 day camping trip to our old farm in S IL. The advanced weather forcast is looking awesome so I hope it holds up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.