Community

Team 4 Rackoholics check in.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome work, team! On a negative note, I dislocated my shoulder...again...yesterday. I have had previous history with it, and doctors have encouraged me to give up bowhunting altogether. Sucks! Contemplating the xbow route, which I have always blackballed (at least to the able-bodied people that I know that use one), but haven't made my mind up for sure about it yet. I will likely borrow one from one of the aforementioned friends to try and take at least one deer during bow season, so as to not let the team down. Keep at it, fellas!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Bible Man, rough go with that shoulder business. I think you should use whatever routes are available to you to stay in the archery scene, crossbows included. Almost did the same a few years ago when it seemed like my shoulder surgeries weren't working.

So today I took my son out to one of my favorite spots - and what does he do? He shoots one of my bucks! Actually, I've seen this guy many times and let him pass on easy shots a couple of times. But my son was delighted.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Bible Man, Hang in there bud and just try to get better. I would look into the cross bow as well.

Great buck for your son Canuck!!!! I went out yesterday and saw a couple does. One was actually 15 yards broadside at one point but she was just to small. She didn't pass my tailgate rule.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your son, Canuck! Great buck.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on the brink of going with an xbow too. I've had more surgeries on my shoulder than I can remember. Plus I have 2 medical devices implanted in me to help ease the constant shoulder pain. Shoulders suck.

Hope you heal quick. No shame in using an xbow. Pretty sure I will next year but then again I said that last year too.

Going to rain all weekend. Running a marathon on sunday. Should be an interesting weekend.

Good luck guys
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh canuck - must be proud of your son. Nice buck! Looks like beautiful country.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, team. We were only about 50 yards apart and could both see the buck - sometimes. He shot when I couldn't see it and, as it rushed past me, I thought it had just spooked. But it suddenly stopped, wobbled, and fell over - now out of my son's field of view. Definitely an easy retrieval.

This morning we had our first frost and I expected lots of activity, but there was as little as I've seen so far. Perhaps better tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen lots of deer the last couple weeks but haven't had a lot of shot opportunities. This weekend is the youth hunt in Wisconsin. Looking forward to getting my eagle eye 13 year old daughter out there with her .243. I am sure we will be cutting up meat by the end of the weekend.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'll be taking my 10 year old son to the Wisconsin youth hunt this weekend too. my daughter (13) didn't want to go this year. we have a busy weekend so we can only hunt Saturday afternoon. so, hopefully we can get it done. 2 8 points hanging around one of my food plots. he just decided he wanted to do it last night. we'll spend Saturday morning shooting since he's never shot the .243. should be interesting.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Well I didn't have very good luck this weekend. The weather really hurt me. I had a chance to shoot a couple really small does but I passed. I want something a little more mature.

No worries I will have no problem putting a doe in the ground. How is everybody else doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.