Team 4 Rackoholics check in.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

As henson59 pointed out, WIbuckchaser's fine buck has put us in second place currently. Excellent! But we'll need more yet. I guess I better get performing instead of just being a sight seer.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Spike

Wow lots of posts since I was last on.

Originally Posted by RackLuster
big10hunter - that is a nice bull. I can't imagine how cool of a hunt that was, especially the way you did it (semi dyi). so what is it next year? caribou?
Thanks... we may give it another go next year, but I'd love to do a western elk/mule deer hunt or Alaska.

Nice Buck WIBuckchaser!

I just got back from my camp in Northcentral PA not too much buck sign or activity yet. I saw just one buck a 7 point just out of range, but saw a lot of does.

I was able to get this little one with the x-bow at about 30 yrds just before dark on Friday. The deer was quartering more towards me than I originally thought and hit a little further back than I wanted too. Definitely not my best shot, caught a piece of the lung and liver so had some tracking to do. I probably should have gave it more time before tracking, after 45 minutes started after it and bounced it out of some brush about 100 yards from my stand, gave it another 45 minutes and found it about another 100 yards further up. Not my best photo, but should work.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Big10Hunter!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys the weekend didn't quite go as planned. The deer activity was still pretty nocturnal even with the 30 degree mornings. I saw several spikes and did see a few good mature does but nothing I could get a shot at.

Saturday night I was able to put a small doe on the ground. I was hoping for the bigger doe that was leading her but the little one ran ahead of her into my opening and I didn't realize it was the small one until after I shot. she was slightly quartering to me and the shot was just a touch back but the rage did its job and she didn't even make it 20 yards.

Great job so far guys lets keep puting points on the board!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to put those slick heads down, folks! I am a fan of successful hunts! Of course, they are all a success, if we are honest with ourselves.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Well How is everybody doing? I know this is a pretty slow site these days but I just figured I would check to see how everybodies season was coming along. Its almost november and things are starting to heat up around here.

I will be heading down to our place in Ohio County IN on Friday morning for a 4 day hunt so hopefully I can come back with a buck in the truck!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go on the doe Henson and good luck on the buck.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser
I have not seen a lot of buck sign either. I have been doing a lot of scouting too. I have been scouting and hunting a lot of lands that are in the Voluntary Public Access program. I have had a couple cams on some VPA land for like 4 weeks and still haven't gotten a decent sized buck on there. Maybe after this first little spurt of breeding ends they will go crazy with the scrapes for a week or so and then the big time seeking phase will kick in.
wibuckchaser - what is vpa land? sounds like I need to know about it . is it the same as open managed forests?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

guys - I got real close on sunday night. I drew back on a decent buck. as I was drawing back my arrow fell off the string which spooked the deer just a little bit. I still almost got a shot off but he was just out of range. i'm actually not upset about it at all. I didn't really get a good look at his rack and I have a funny feeling he was smaller than what I would have been happy with. he snuck up on me and was moving pretty quick. when I saw him he was about 5 seconds from being in my shooting lane. if the arrow wouldn't have fallen off the string I probably would have shot him and missed out on the best part of the season. anywho...

I also have pictures of a really nice, wide 9 point. he's beautiful! I know roughly where he's hanging out and my favorite stand in the world is on a rub line that I think he made. i'm hunting sunday - Tuesday this week and will be focusing on him.

also been getting lots of pics of a decent 8 on my property. pretty sure i'll shoot him if given the chance. he probably scores about 95", maybe a bit less.

good luck this weekend guys, now is the time to sit as much as possible!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Good going on the doe, Big10. Glad to see everyone active and enthusiastic, even with little happening lately. Looking forward to the rut here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.