Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 12-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome back Brian, I was beginning to wonder if you got lost in Mexico. Congrats on the buck. I think it's been a hard season for everyone this year. We have a poacher in our area now shooting deer with a crossbow and leaving them lay. Also saw a guy loading a rifle magazine next to my property this morning and it's illegal to use rifles for deer here.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Well so far I haven't heard of any one shooting any big bucks around me. The neighbor said he saw a big ten point yesterday morning that did everything right he could to live another day. So I may have a chance at him during the late season. Going to have a muzzleloader tag and a bow tag to fill so planning on taking both out together and getting a shot at a buck. The deer have been hammering the standing soybeans in the back yard. Can start hunting again on the 23rd.

Anyone else been having luck. Anyone hunting late season?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My main private land spot got hammered. 9 Does & 4 Bucks (button, 6, 8 & 12). 1 an 8 I passed couple times & a 12 Non-typical (7x5) I had pics of but wasn't sure I would shoot at if I got the chance. He never showed in shooting hours.
I'll go a couple times if it's not death threatening cold. Good Luck.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iayotehunter
Anyone else been having luck. Anyone hunting late season?
I was planning on hunting in Kentucky this weekend and I may still go, but with a 100 percent chance of rain on Saturday it's not looking good.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading Pheasant hunting tomorrow AM but looking to get out for a 1 1/2 next friday. If there is some snow on the ground it could be good. Farmer decided that he is not picking the beans (4 fields, 40 or so acres) until next spring. Crazy, I know. If he would have left our strategic plots in they would be more concentrated. Hopefully 4 inches of snow and the right wind come friday!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The weather forecast for Kentucky is holding steady, but it's just rain in the morning on Saturday, so I'm loaded up and leaving at 11:30 to try to connect on a doe. Hopefully I can pull it off. This is my last chance to hunt until after the first of the year.

Of course I can still hunt in Arkansas until the end of February.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck to everyone this weekend. I will be watching the second flood of the orange army.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I couldn't get it done this last time out. On a bright note, I can now shoot a doe in my spot behind my house. The county I live it didn't allow does to be taken until 16 December. The next two weekends I'll be sitting back there. I'll get my doe....
Old 12-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Johnny, I've been watching deer feed in my back yard every night. 4 does and a buck right now. Monday I will try to get one of the does.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys. Been MIA for the most part. I messed up an opportunity on a 140" buck back in Nov. before gun season came in here in KY. They just cut the corn here in my holler this week and muzzle load season is in til Sunday. I am going to get back out there after it is over. My 11 year old son took his first deer on November 5th. I enjoyed that more than anything. You think they will let us count it?.....lol After all I was in the tree with him.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-2013-12-20-17.44.05.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.