Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Went out last night in the wind and rain saw 6 deer. 4 came in range however they were moving to fast for me to get my frozen hands onto my bow and get it off the hanger.
Tonight I went out at 3:40 at 3:50 I had a doe run by. at 5:40 I had a small 8 point show up and he hung around my stand at 9 yards for 20 minutes before he moved on. As he walked farther into the field a small fork joined him out of thin air. I have no clue where he came from. As they walked away I heard grunting behind me but couldn't see anything and all of a sudden I hear corn stalks breaking. I turn back to where the two bucks were walking and there is a third buck all out fighting with the small eight. Ended up being a really decent 2.5 year old 9 point who will be huge in two years. I got four seconds of the battle on video. My camera wouldn't focus for some reason I'm guessing it was getting too dark. After they moved out of the field I heard crashing around in the timber right before closing time but never did see what was making the commotion.
Going out every morning and evening until Monday now.

How is everyone else doing? haven't heard from a lot of the team so I'm hoping everyone and everything is going okay with you guys. Hoping you all are just hunting hard.

Last edited by iayotehunter; 10-24-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Just found out from the neighbor hunter that there was a 150 class nine point with in 100 yards on my stand i was in last night but I couldn't see him.. Found a new stand location today with a stand in it going to go talk to the property owner about it. I will be sitting in it tonight.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:02 PM
car
Typical Buck

Been slow so far here but, the bucks are starting to move.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once I shake this cold/cough I'll be hitting it real hard. Hope cough is gone by Monday. Next 3 weeks should be interesting in the woods..
Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Hope it clears up for you.

This morning I saw a doe with 2 fawns and a small fork. Also noticed my annual scrape is finally getting used again it is about 5ft by 3ft right now putting my camera over it on my way to the stand tonight
Old 10-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Last night I saw three does and 2 bucks. I passed the first buck after it had snuck up on me as I was getting my bag ready to leave. I noticed a light color on the sand bar and I knew exactly what it was/ We had a staring contest for 5 minutes before he started to continue to the fence and out in front of me. He was a decent 9 point that would have scored close to 120. There was another buck behind him that I never got a good look at because he turned around and went back the other way.

Anyone have any updates? Haven't heard from a few of our teammates for a while.

Last edited by iayotehunter; 10-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

I was sick all last week and still trying to recover from it this week.. I went out hunting for a doe yesterday evening. Corn is still in and that is making things difficulty for a few of my locations.. I didn't see a single deer all evening.. Just 4 squirrels and heard a few coyotes.

I'll get out a few times this week and see what I can come up with. Hopefully they get that corn out soon.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Here are the two new bucks. I love having my camera over this scrape.
New big 8:

Big 8 and decent 10:

Last edited by iayotehunter; 10-28-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Windy-20mph & chilly. went this afternoon & these ladies showed up 15 min b/4 end of shooting hours. 15 yds. for about 10 min. I'm sure if anyone else had been in the stand one of them would be dinner.. One Spiker on camera..
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-img_0013_2.jpg   Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-wgi_0001_2.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I had a chance at a good one and blew it. I posted the story in the bowhunting forum. It's a long read. The game isn't over yet. I'm pretty sure he's still alive and most of the advice I've been given is to give the area and the buck a few days to calm down and get back out there.

I also know that he's not the only buck using that trail. I'll be covering that trail again Friday afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.