Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 10-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Car !!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Great buck! A 160" is a heck of a buck. Sounds like you had a lot of action too. Very Jealous!

I went out tonight for my first sit. Pretty slow the first couple hours then I hear a couple branches snap behind me near where my dad is sitting in his ground blind. Turn around an I see deer running about 15 yards away. Grab my bow as the first two trot by and as the third one comes by I'm at full draw. He wasn't a giant but still a nice 8 point. I grunted and tried to stop him but no luck. Not sure if I would have shot anyway. It was nice to have three bucks trot by at 8 yards 10 feet in the air. Hopefully I can get out a couple more time before I head to Mexico for my wedding. Lets hope so if not, Central Illinois for most of november will have to do!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks fastetti... I think a 161.125 is a bruiser in anybodies book.. Definitely the biggest buck I have ever shot so far. I spent so much time scouting and hanging stands and making food plots. Its always nice when you get some reward for hard work. Alot of people think I spoiled myself lol cause it might be awhile before I see anything that big or bigger again but im ok with that.. This is Iowa the land of the giants so you never know when a bruiser will show up.. It did end my season super early , didnt even get to hunt the rut lol.. Just doe hunting for now until late muzzleloader season in late dec and early jan.. U can get another buck with the muzzleloader or you can use ur bow again.. Atleast all the pressure is off now and I can relax..
Old 10-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigcountry, couldn't agree more. I drive 3 hours to my main spot and in the spring/summer I go down about 5 times just to scout, hang stands and help with food plots. My Fiance and my buddies wife think we are crazy but its all part of the process. Every time I hand a stand I get in there and say, "Oh ya, were going to kill one out of here" 24 stands later its not true out of all of them! Half the fun is prepping for the season. Heck, in the fall I take half days on fridays and drive 3 hours with my buddy to get a 3 hour hunt in at night. That drive is just as much fun as hunting. We talk about hunting the whole time. Killing is just a bonus and buddy, you got a heck of a bonus this year!!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations-fine looking Deer anywhere... I've been twice & both times farmers working fields close to my stand.. Will be Given them time to finish field work & be back out Monday afternoon. Again, GREAT Buck.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hows everyone doing?? I have not hunted much at all in the past week. I ust added up all the points for every team, and it looks like Team #6is on top with 232 points. We are a close second with 211. So we need some more points boys!! Good Luck to everyone who is in the stand this weekend...
Old 10-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Doing good here Darren. Saw the buck I'm after two nights ago. Now if I can just be in the right stand at the right time.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Curtis , Just keep after it.. Im sure he will turn up at the right spot at the right time sooner or later..

Soybeans are really coming out around here right now, Corn should follow in a week or two.. Didnt see much of anything tonight.. No wind and cool i thought they would be moving but with the moon being so bright I think they are moving after dark right now..
Old 10-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I went out last night and had my best sit. 10 deer. I also doubled my buck sightings for the year though it was a spike and a small 6pt. The rest were does. Been putting steel roof on my house so hoping to finish that tonight so I can hunt every night this week.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Well last night's sit was topped tonight with this cold front coming through tonight. Saw three shooters. One was the big eight. One I couldn't tell details and he was bigger than the big eight then had a really narrow tall buck come out. Also had three does. My wrong stand at the wrong time streak keeps going though. The big 8 fed in front of my other stand for 20 minutes directly in my shooting lane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.