Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a pic of the shed I was talking about earlier. My 11 year old is holding it. I introduced him into our sport last year and he's hooked for life. He got to shoot at a doe twice and saw me miss a decent buck.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In-2012-shed.png.jpg  

Last edited by obsessed bowhunter; 09-04-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

Steve that is an awesome shed. I found a match set this year that scored 155 with an 18 in spread. And the neighbors where I hunt mostly found a giant 6 pt side I think I know what buck it is from to and he should be in the 180s this year
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone have any team name ideas? I will go ahead and be captain if no one has any objections.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

All sounds good to me, iayote, you got my vote for captain. Made it out Thursday to check my local camera, one of my 130" bucks went from Velvet on Wednesday to hard horn on thursday. Exciting to see. Heading down south to check cameras on Friday, hopefully get some good pics. Got a few sent to me from that same farm. Unfortunately no giants but a couple cameras weren't working right. My Bushnells though should be in good shape. Did have a couple cow on camera, no idea where they came from, no neighbors have cows. Did have one good 8 point, super wide and tall. September is usually when we start getting more and more deer with the cooler temps.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW Curtis, very nice trail cam photos. If I can get the time I'd like to post a few. I'll probably wait until after next weeks camera check to put some up, hopefully have my target bucks determined by that camera pull.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Brian. Excited to see your photos. This next month I should have some really nice bucks showing up.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I just finished spraying all of my early season stuff with permethrin spray. My quiver is loaded with my five best arrows and they're tipped with NAP Killzones. I have my Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas tags in my wallet. All I have to do now is make it through the week and I'll be headed out for Kentucky at noon on Friday.

I really should call my brother and find out if the farmer has started cutting the corn yet. If he hasn't I won't have very high hopes. I'll go, but I'd feel a lot better if the corn was out.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Johnny, Best of luck. I'm going out to trim my last stand out then all I need to do is put two blinds out. Oct. 1st can't get here soon enough
Old 09-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Curtis,

It must be a different Erik, I dont think I have ever been on that forum before..

Checked game cams this evening and checked on my food plots... The winter rye is already 4 inches tall and I just planted it monday... Pretty awesome stuff.. Lots of deer and turkeys using it already..

I still need to get out there and hang all my stands and put out a few blinds.. Will get em up in the next week or 2 when it cools down some.. Still got some deciding to do on some of the locations..

Curtis you got my vote for captain as well.. Team name lets see here hmmm..

Rack Reapers
Choot em
Ultimate Predators
Treestand Snipers
Silent Assassins
Give em the Shaft
Buck Commanders
Silent but Deadly

All I can kinda think of right now.. Will think on it more later..
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I like Rack Reapers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.