Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 08-31-2013, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Welcome to the team boys lets introduce ourselves and get familiar with everyone. I put our team list below. I will check people off as they check in. After introducing try to come up with a team name and also we need to have a captain. I am willing to do it I was my team captain last year..

Team 11
Iayotehunter- Curtis-Iowa-25+ 156.5=181.5
Fastetti-Brian-Illinois-95.5
BigDaddy12t-Darren-Minnesota-25
BigCountryHunter-Erik-Iowa-161.125
Obsessed bowhunter-Steve-Kentucky-
LittleChief-Johnny-Tennessee-111.75
foxfire66-Anthony-Pennsylvania-25
car-Ron-Ohio-144.125
ahunter55-John-Illinois-
goalie35-Alex-Wisconsin-

****REMINDER**** THE WHOLE DEER, HUNTER, AND BOW MUST BE IN THE PHOTO FOR THE SCORE TO COUNT
Team Score: 744
Team Standing: 2nd

Last edited by iayotehunter; 01-24-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

I'm Curtis this will be my third year bowhunting. I hunt the great state of Iowa and I can say this year looks to be my best year yet. However no giants on trail cams yet, though I have two mature 8 points. I'm 19 and currently enrolled at Iowa State and living at home. More time to hunt that way . I also just got a new bow a month ago and am more accurate than I have ever been.

Last edited by iayotehunter; 08-31-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bigdadddy12t checking in from Southern Mn! Lets Rock this contest this year! real name is Darren, and I live in Austin Mn. Been Bow Hunting for probably 15 years. I have 1 spot to hunt that is all mine, but its only about 15 acres. have taken a bunch of deer off it, so its not a bad spot. Season starts September 14th for me. cant come soon enough!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

LittleChief checking in. I'll post more when I'm not on my phone.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Darren, I know how you feel about not much land. Also I always know where my buck growth is by looking at your pictures they always seem to be around the same growth. Ay big guys on camera this year?
Old 08-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have about 3 that would get an arrow opening weekend. But no big slammers yet on cams. Hard to believe, when last year I had at least 6 really nice ones on film by now.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fastetti checking in here from Illinois. I live in Chicago but hunt in Central Illinois. I'm getting married this October but have about 14 days planned in the woods for November. I also have a small spot about a half hour from downtown Chicago that I'll be hunting a lot on October. I'm running 9 cameras at my spot in Central Illinois and one at my small spot locally. I've been getting two bucks locally that should go around 130ish but hope to get a closer look at one of them in early October! I haven't checked cameras in Central Illinois since the end of July. Were looking good down there as well. I'd say we have about 5 bucks that 140 or bigger and usually have a buck or two that go 160 plus. The neightbor killed a 180 last year that I was after. Its a tough spot to hunt, lots of ridges and valleys so the wind plays tricks on us but that is why these bucks get big!

Curtis, we also shoot the same bow, I'm a tall drink of water at 6'7" so I'm a 30" draw but love the hell-m. Also, I went to KU and a die hard Jayhawk so we may be team mates on this but enemies as well!!! Just kidding!!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Fastetti, I love the heli-m. I got a tactical one and it looks awesome. I'm a hawkeye fan and went to the University of Iowa last year but found out if I live at home and go to Iowa state I save over 7K a year. And I can hunt everyday of the season.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Howdy Y'all

Im Erik and I live in Southwest Iowa.. This will be my second year hunting in Iowa.. Originally from North Carolina.. I learned a ton last year so im geared up and ready to rumble for this season.. Im hunting some private farms about 600 acres total.. I got a monster last year on game cam that will be my main target for this fall if he's still around. Plus got alot of other good bucks around 150 after season was over on game cam.

I got 3 game cams out right now but havent really seen any deer movement from all the heat and available browse in the woods.. Planting some fall food plots tomorrow since the temps have cooled down some and got some rain this morning.. Planting Winter rye and Winter wheat..

I also got a new bow for this season.. A Strothers Sx Rush.. Way better than any bow ive had.. Shoots great .. Cant wait to smoke one with it..
Old 09-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the team Erik. The heat and drought has completely dried up my food plots. The flooding early summer didn't help any either farmers didn't get planted until the end of May early June and now the crops are being fried so that may help getting the crops out for the season.

Looks like we have really good buck states on our team so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.