Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome back Steve. Congrats to your boy!! Good luck this late season!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:32 PM
car
Typical Buck

Anyone still out there hunting? I'm starting to think about turkey season. I might try to go to WV or KY in 2014 to chase turkey.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by car
Anyone still out there hunting? I'm starting to think about turkey season. I might try to go to WV or KY in 2014 to chase turkey.
I start again on Monday. Should be good with the snow tonight. Won't help the team any but still enjoy the time in the tree
Old 12-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out hunting all day Friday. Not much to be seen. Weather was pretty crappy and didn't make it out until a little after first light. Within 20 min I had a nice 7 point come in and bed in front of my for a couple hours. Gave me something to watch while the mist came down all morning. No other deer to be seen all morning. Went out for an afternoon hunt and about an hour after being in my chosen stand the wind switched and started swirling a bit. Decided to switch stands to one where the wind might be a bit better. Got in the stand where we have taken two bucks out of in the last two years. One of which was a nice buck my buddy got in gun season. Tracks were everywhere. Sat down and within 5 minutes I had two does come by, unfortunately, the wind switched from the NW to the SW and it pretty much ruined it. 3 deer the whole day but the tracks in the snow were everywhere and checked a few cameras and all of our bigger buck made it through the gun seasons which was good to see. My buddy and I try to do an annual hunt in January for the anterless gun season. We usually sit in one of our wagon blinds and one guy has a gun, the other a bow. If a doe comes out we'll take her with the gun, if a nice buck comes in range, thats what the gun is for. We'll see if we can get out for that, but I'm thinking my season is pretty much done.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Went out tonight and came full draw on a doe. Was waiting for her to turn broadside again and my parents pulled in the driveway and she took off. Hunting my backyard for the rest of the year.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:22 PM
car
Typical Buck

So are we in first place?
Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by car
So are we in first place?
I was just about to post the same thing! It only looks like a doe has been entered since I posted by buck. I thought we were pretty close before my deer. Hopefully someone can still tag a doe, It would be nice to win this thing and be a returning champion next year and keep the same team!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

As of now we are in first but does would help a lot every one

Last edited by iayotehunter; 01-07-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys we are down by 3 points now.. Any points would help secure the lead again
Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still hunting. I saw around 20 deer Saturday. I came so close to getting a doe. A group of 12 does/fawns came right to me at 8:30 Saturday morning, but I couldn't get drawn on the mature does because of the way they were coming in. I finally shot the last young one but, unfortunately, it turned out to be a button buck with buttons that were practically invisible. I felt pretty bad about that. I'll be going back Friday and hunting until Monday. With this new spot I found the chances are good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.