Community

Team 11 Rack Reapers--Check In

Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome!!!!! Way to go Erik. Can't wait to hear the story and see the pics.

They are harvesting the corn next to one of my stand as we speak. So that's where i'll be tonight. Hoping to put a doe down soon. Just haven't been in the right places at the right time. Might still be early but want to get it done by the 21st so I can start focusing on bucks. Have yet to see a buck during shooting light.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigCountryHunter
I got us our first buck on the board this evening !!!!!!!!!!!!! Shot it at 10 yards in a alfalfa field.. What a awesome hunt.. I seen 15 does and 6 bucks.. It took a heck of a shot through some thick branches and leaves but I laid the smack down on it.. Double lung and heart shot.. Seemed like it took forever for it to come into bow range. I'll upload photos of it later on today and get the score done on it. Definitely a bruiser in my book.. I'll also type out the full story on the hunt for everyone's reading enjoyment.

Congratulations! Looking forward to the story and the pictures!

I did manage to get out this weekend. All I saw was a spike, a six point and two does. I didn't manage to get a shot at the does. They sneaked past me at 20 yards before it was light enough to be 100% sure they were actually does. They fed in the picked corn field until it was light enough for me to glass them and see that I'd missed an opportunity.

Ah well, better safe than sorry. I'd much rather go home empty handed than burn my first buck tag on a little spike.

Last edited by LittleChief; 10-07-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Great to hear! Cant wait to see the pics and hear the story.

I was supposed to head out last night after the Bears game. My dad said he was heading out at halftime and I was going to head out right after the game. Around 1:40 I get a picture text of a deer on the ground! He hunted about 25 times in his ground blind last year at our urban spot and he saw one doe. This year, he sits for 15 mins and put a 6 point down. I spent the afternoon helping him skin and quarter the buck out. I'll be heading out Thursday (hopefully) and trying to tag a buck. We haven't had a doe on camera in about 3 weeks but 5 different bucks in that time. The good thing is the buck my dad shot we haven't seen in about 5 weeks on camera and he needed to be take up. Real goofy rack!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Erik!! Cant wait for the pics!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Another 25 pts for us.. Started off a slow morning seeing a spike. 10 minutes later I see two coyotes in the distance so I thought it was going to be the end of the morning. Around 8:30 I looked out on the fence lines to see if there was any deer before I walked back home. Sure enough there was. Watched her walk down the fence line for I'd say about a mile and she eventually made her way to me. She took off on a run right before she got to me so I drew back and stopped her. She was slightly quartering away at 15 yards. I released the arrow to watch it completely pass though.

Here is the exit wound
Old 10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations, Curtis!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:26 PM
car
Typical Buck

Way to go guys.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone. It's nice to get another deer under my belt. 3rd year bowhunting and I have shot two does(only deer I have ever shot). One my first year and this one. I am going after a buck now. My brother may give me money to buy more doe tags so he can make more jerky.

Erik- Hope everything is going okay. Hope to see that buck soon
Old 10-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Sunday evening i decided to hunt over a alfalfa field and got to the treestand around 3:30pm. It was drizzling rain and very windy 15 to 20 mph and quite chilly all evening long. I had sat in the same stand saturday morning but didnt see anything but does and the wind direction wasn't very good for the set up. The northwest wind sunday definitely helped me stay warm being somewhat blocked by the rest of the timber. Doe after doe trickled by in the field , I seen a total of 15 or so .. I even seen some turkeys come by.. At around 6:10 i heard some leaves getting stepped on behind me on the other side of the fenceline. It was a little fork horned buck. He walked around behind me for 20 minutes or so and he was about to leave when he swung his head in the direction to my left. I thought there might be another deer coming and sure enough it was alittle bit bigger buck.. They got to fighting alittle when another bigger buck showed up and then i caught movement in the alfalfa and it was a big buck.. I got to shaking alittle and trying to decide if I wanted to shoot him or not.. He was coming right down the fenceline toward me but still a good ways out.. When he got closer I was still debating when all of a sudden a even bigger buck comes outta nowhere and tries to ram that buck from over the fence. The buck turns out into the alfalfa field and walks right in my shooting lane while the biggest buck is walking right behind my tree.. Im trying to stop from shaking so bad and hoping he comes out into the field cause my only shooting lane i cut was directly in front of me. The buck hops over a low spot in the fence to my right and makes his way towards the other buck but stops right before my shooting lane.. The wind is blowing right towards these two bucks so I was worrying about getting busted.. The bucks kinda charged at eachother.. Then the one i wanna shoot turns back around and trots to the low stop in the fenceline and stops.. I just know if he goes back over that hes going to walk and I'll be outta luck.. Im sitting down facing straight but luckily im left handed so I draw my bow and twist my body but i couldnt get my pins on him or even see through the peep so I shuffle my body and try to turn as much as I can.. I finally get the peep and pins lined up on him and I only have alittle gap through the tree's canopy the size of a softball or so .. He was about 10 yards away so I settled my top pin on him and took a deep breathe and pulled the trigger on the release.. All i hear is this super loud thwack.. I couldnt even see if I hit him or not through the tree.. He jumps over the fence and runs alittle bit and stops and looks around.. I didnt see any blood or a arrow hangin out of him.. Then he took off running down into the riverbottom.. At this time Im stressing out that I might have missed.. I climb down and start to look for my arrow.. Couldnt find it , I have neon green vanes... Didnt make sense why I didnt see it.. Then I spotted it... It had passed through and stuck into the ground and was so coated with blood you couldnt see the neon green anymore.. It was around 6:50 or 7:00.. So was hard to see the blood.. Called one of my best friends and we got some lights and went out looking for him after awhile to give him time to lay down incase the shot was not very good. We found him about 100 to 150 yards away. Double lung and heart shot , perfectly behind the shoulder.. Whats a awesome shot from such a hard position to shoot in. Strothers Sx Rush and T3 Broadheads layed the hammer on him.. Wow what a feeling to lay the smackdown on a Iowa bruiser !! Lots of fist pumps and high fives etc ... What a experience !!! Couldnt even sleep all night long I was so pumped up and excited... !!! Awesome memories i'll have forever !! Cant wait to hang him on my wall...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Total - 161.125

Left ...................... Right

M.B 23.125 22.750

G-1 4.125 5.000
G-2 6.750 8.375
G-3 9.000 8.625
G-4 8.000 6.000

H-1 5.000 5.000
H-2 4.125 4.125
H-3 4.000 4.000
H-4 3.750 3.500

Ab-1 1.125 1.125
Ab-2 1.000 1.000
Ab-3 0.000 1.125
Ab-4 0.000 1.500

Spread 19.000

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.