Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like its time to get serious fellas. Time to put the big points on the board. Ill be hunting hard for the next ten to fourteen days. We've seen several big bucks in our area, some in daylight hours, others on camera & even along the roadside after sundown. No doubt they'll be on their feet now during the day, so its time to ambush a big one cruising. Good luck yall!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys for putting down my little guy so early but I am still on the prowl for a doe. We need to get some more points up there cause I can't contribute too many more points. I keep checkin in on you guys, hopin to see a beauty down. Keep at it and lets get this done. And by the way, we need more chat on here. Our views and replies are falling behind also
Old 11-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

Mottz,

Any deer with a bow is a trophy. Good for you for sealing the deal! If you look at the bucks taken last year on our team, only a couple were "Monsters". I attribute our wining last year to PARTICIPATION. Most teammates put something on the board...Thanks for doing your part!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Guys, i apoligize i have not participated very much. I'm glad i got a doe down early. Work has been crazy lately and quite frankly its making me crazy. lol. I'll make it thru. I haven't spent much time in the woods the last couple weeks but hopfully next week i can. I have vacation planned for the 13th 14th and 15th, if they dont get cancelled. A few good bucks on the ground and we are right back in the lead.
Lets go get em.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

buck down!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Buck Marty!!!! Way to get it done!! That's what we need boys!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks ryan, I will get him scored after supper and give yall the story.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Ok guys here is the story. I got today off because I have to work this weekend and figured I would go to a stand that is set for a west wind. It just so happened to be the same stand I took last years buck at. On the drive there I noticed how all the corn fields around that pasture had not even been touched yet and my heart sank. But I figured I had come this far, might as well sit the morning out anyway. I found myself in the stand a half hour before shooting light, Which was about 5:30. When It got light enough to kinda see I noticed a nice scrape line coming down one of the trails that was not there a few weeks ago when I last sat in this stand. About 5 minutes after 8 I could hear leaves crunching down the draw. This buck steps out and starts following the trail and freshening up the scrapes on the way. At first I was going to let him pass but then my mind started rolling. I only have 2 more days to hunt this entire month. Our new baby could be coming any day now. The farmers might not get this corn out until late this month. By the time I came back to myself the buck was standing at 13 yards broadside looking away from me lol. So I guess you could call it an offer I couldn't refuse. I drew and settled the pin and let'er buck. It all unfolded picture perfect. The buck jumped about 4ft in the air and gave his hind legs a kick and was off. He ran about 40 yards up the draw and stopped to look back and see what stung him. After a few seconds of looking he started wobbling and tipped over. I just got him scored and he came out to 127 p&y.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Outstanding Marty, awesome buck & great story!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Never thought I would harvest two bucks that would meet the pope and young minimum two years in a row lol. Good luck everybody!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.