Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Might have a sudden change in plans. Took a buddy out prairie dog hunting this weekend and talked to a landowner where I usually turkey hunt. He claims he has a 6x6 mule deer hanging around the butte so I am going to start scouting him out this week. If I find him, he will be my primary goal until either he heads off for parts unkown or the rut hits.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
Might have a sudden change in plans. Took a buddy out prairie dog hunting this weekend and talked to a landowner where I usually turkey hunt. He claims he has a 6x6 mule deer hanging around the butte so I am going to start scouting him out this week. If I find him, he will be my primary goal until either he heads off for parts unkown or the rut hits.
Sounds awesome, I wish we had mule deer here in Illinois. lol
Good luck, hope to see him hanging from a gambrel soon.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

We checked our trail cams in Ohio this past weekend and out of 2 farms and 6 trailcams the biggest buck was a 9 point that may go 120". He's definitely not a shooter for me.
I'm hoping that closer to the rut the big boys will start coming around. Season opens Saturday and we will be out. Good luck guys!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:08 AM
Typical Buck

Well Watched the field i plan on sitting saturday counted 30 deer mostly does with a few scrub bucks mixed in, saw a decent 7 or 8 in there with them the night before so hes in the area. Hopefully makes an appearance saturday night within 30 yards would be nice! If not there is a lot of slickheads walking around.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

So far I have nothing on trial cam from my new properties. I know there is good ones back at the old one so i'm not to worried. The plan is to put a nice slick head on the ground first. I'm struggling to make it thru the last few days before season opens. PS one of my neighbors says there is a nice pie ball buck running around here.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

all im seeing is does the bucks will come
Old 09-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Seeing does on the trail cams and in the fields everynight, occasionally the bucks pop up. Tommorow is opening day in my zone, i will be out in a groundblind on a field edge where there have been 20-30 does coming out to feed on the soybeans everynight with an occasional basket rack 7 being in the field once in a while. Plan on taking the first slickhead i get in range hopefully the plan works out. Havn't shot a deer in 2 seasons due to work/baby so itll be nice to put some backstraps on the coals sunday if everything works out!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bowman4440
Seeing does on the trail cams and in the fields everynight, occasionally the bucks pop up. Tommorow is opening day in my zone, i will be out in a groundblind on a field edge where there have been 20-30 does coming out to feed on the soybeans everynight with an occasional basket rack 7 being in the field once in a while. Plan on taking the first slickhead i get in range hopefully the plan works out. Havn't shot a deer in 2 seasons due to work/baby so itll be nice to put some backstraps on the coals sunday if everything works out!
Good Luck to ya, we"ll be expecting pictures.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

if anything happens itll be on video my buddy is gonna tape me.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bowman4440
if anything happens itll be on video my buddy is gonna tape me.
Awesome! What gear are you using to film your hunts? We'll be filming all our hunts again this year also. We upgraded from a Panasonic to a Canon this year & we're ready to start filming. 4 more days & Broken Tine Productions will be running strong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.