Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 09-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

3 days of trail cam photos and 347 pictures!!! Does, does, and more does!!! The bucks will show sometime soon with all those nannys
Old 09-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

When does season start for everybody. Mine starts the 28th of this month. Not much on morning hunts in the early season so I will probably spend the mornings fishing walleyes and the afternoons in the stand. I also have a antelope hunt planned for October 9th thru the 12th. Might bring my bow and deer tags with me just in case I get my goat before the other two in my party do lol.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
When does season start for everybody. Mine starts the 28th of this month. Not much on morning hunts in the early season so I will probably spend the mornings fishing walleyes and the afternoons in the stand. I also have a antelope hunt planned for October 9th thru the 12th. Might bring my bow and deer tags with me just in case I get my goat before the other two in my party do lol.
Season opens Oct. 1st here in Illinois.

Good luck on your antelope hunt.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well, it looks like everyone's checked in but Buckeyehunter140 - Chad. Maybe he's just late to the party, we'll find out sooner or later.

It's good to have the team back together. Hoping you all had a productive year up until now, because its time to drop everything & turn our attention to the woodlots & the ag fields. Time to stop chasing the dollar & start chasing the bucks.

Being the dedicated whitetail junkies that we are, I know everyone's ready to put some serious time in a tree. So before we begin our season as defending Champions Ill just refresh everyone on the most important rules of the game. Remember to follow the picture rules, you, your weapon & the full deer must be in the frame. Don't take the pic yourself with your smart phone. Have someone take the picture for you. Again this season, one doe from each hunter can be entered for 25 points. When entering a buck harvest the P&Y gross/green/no deduction scoring system is in effect. Take your time scoring your deer. For a more detailed look at the official rules, follow the link.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2013...est-rules.html

So here we go gentlemen, we have 10 men ready to hunt with over a thousand inches of antler to score this season. Good luck to all of yall & remember to hunt safe.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spoken like a true leader!! I will be in the stand this Sunday. I thought it was a Saturday opener. Been staying away from the cams, trying to keep the scent to a minimum and do the art of surprise. Gonna buy 2 permits so that I can get a doe also. We will see what the woodland gods have in store for me.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Its going to be a long week for ya man. But I love the anticipation of the upcoming hunt just as much as I enjoy the harvest. Ya going to take off Monday too?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll probably just hunt weekends for now. Its too early in the season to take off work. Unless I had 1 patterned then I would.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

I have been trying the last few seasons to pattern a buck and take him in the early season. The patterning part seems to work great until they start rubbing off velvet just before season starts, then they start changing again. Im headed out this evening with the binos to look over some corn and crp. Going to attempt to get one in the early season again this year. Hopefully this year that first shot of testosterone they get doesn't bite me in the a$$ again.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
I have been trying the last few seasons to pattern a buck and take him in the early season. The patterning part seems to work great until they start rubbing off velvet just before season starts, then they start changing again. Im headed out this evening with the binos to look over some corn and crp. Going to attempt to get one in the early season again this year. Hopefully this year that first shot of testosterone they get doesn't bite me in the a$$ again.
Good luck out there Marty. Im going to try for an October buck also. Got the cameras running so we'll see how it goes. Enjoy your time afield this evening.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Pretty awesome evening, I sat on a weedy rock pile near where I got all the trail cam photos of the bucks earlier. Well I got to finally get a good look at the two bucks I wanted to and they are both respectable deer. One is a tall 9 point that will probably make 130-135, almost an identical twin to the buck I got last season except he is missing the right side g4. The other buck is a 10 point but he does not have as much mass or tine length as the other one does. He might make 125. Anyway, all the deer walked through the crp and met in the alfalfa to feed and the two bucks mentioned above sparred off an on for about 20 min, More bucks came into the alfalfa field from another corn field on the other side but It got too dark and I couldn't make out how big they are. Besides a badger came out of the corn field and was making a v-line directly for my rock pile so it was time too leave.lol.

The question is, do I want to settle for another buck like I got last season or move on and try for something bigger???

Last edited by sdhunter11; 09-09-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.