Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 08-28-2013, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

This thread has just made me even more anxious for the season. I doubt ill be hunting with the recurve unless i get confident out to 20 yards right now im shooting like 8" groups at like 12 yards so id like to tighten it up a bit more and stretch it out. Once i get my arrows and stuff figured out i will be able to be more consistent right now im just slinging aluminum down range with it. With my compound i can leave it hanging up for 8 months and pick it up and put a 5 shot group touching each other in the 10 ring at 20-30-40 you name it. It's just to easy so im enjoying actually having to try and be consistent with this recurve. Gonna start thinning out the rabbits in the yard any day now ive let em be for a while and there is usally 5 or 6 running around at any given time.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bowman4440
This thread has just made me even more anxious for the season. I doubt ill be hunting with the recurve unless i get confident out to 20 yards right now im shooting like 8" groups at like 12 yards so id like to tighten it up a bit more and stretch it out. Once i get my arrows and stuff figured out i will be able to be more consistent right now im just slinging aluminum down range with it. With my compound i can leave it hanging up for 8 months and pick it up and put a 5 shot group touching each other in the 10 ring at 20-30-40 you name it. It's just to easy so im enjoying actually having to try and be consistent with this recurve. Gonna start thinning out the rabbits in the yard any day now ive let em be for a while and there is usally 5 or 6 running around at any given time.
Yea, Im the same way with my compound, but it needs new cables & a string this year. So once I get that done Im going to want to shoot a few arrows through it. I have one more treestand set to put in but Im waiting to look over the trail cam pics first. I cant wait to see whos haunting the woodlot this year.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Fork Horn

Hi Guys,
Glad to see that we are up and running. It sure doesn't look like a whole lot of people are signing up for the contest though.
We are in the process of picking up another property in Ohio this year. 187 acre farm in Monroe County. Our 100 acre farm is in Belmont county. I haven't had any buck pictures on my trail cam in Belmont yet. We are going out next weekend to hang some new stands at the new property and some trail cams. I'm very excited about this property. Supposedly it hasn't been hunted for several years.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Typical Buck

Whats the name of the FB group ill join it didnt see last years thread
Old 08-30-2013, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Whats the name of the FB group ill join it didnt see last years thread
The Group name is Team Pass Thru.

I don't know if this link will work or not.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/235628436573408/
Old 08-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Whats up Scott, glad to have ya back. Glad ya have a new property to hunt this year, that's always exciting. Cant wait to see some good trail cam pics from ya. Keep us posted on the new property progress.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Well i hit a gatorade bottle out of the air last night after about 10 shots with the recurve. Its so much fun
Old 08-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Well i hit a gatorade bottle out of the air last night after about 10 shots with the recurve. Its so much fun
Youre just a regular ol Robin Hood aren't ya. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

I finally got some cameras and corn out, only time will tell now
Old 08-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

I'm here and almost ready. I picked up a 2009 PSE Dream Season. It shoots great but having problems sighting in. The dang pins don't get close enough to do the normal 20 and 30 yard adjustments. So I'm checking out some new sights. Yall got any recommendations? I've been looking at the Trophy Ridge React and some of the AXT's just don't want to spend 200 bucks on a sight lol.

If I can't get it going I still have the xbow for a backup! I am looking at buying some land here but doubt I will have it by the start of the season so it looks like public land again this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.