Community

Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 12-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job!! Sounds like quite an ordeal finding him but he looks well worth it!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome story & an outstanding buck, congratulations brother, that's one hard earned trophy.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, we're only a few weeks from wrapping up this years contest & we're only 70 points or so from taking this thing again. I apologizes for not being more active & not harvesting a deer for the scorecard but with the new baby girl showing up I haven't had the opportunity to get afield. Im trying to get things together for one last hunt this weekend during a backcountry camping trip. Don't know how good the hunting will be, but damned if Im not gonna try.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default 25

I shot a couple doe this year and totally forgot about this contest. I'm hunting in a doe only management hunt Jan 12-30 so I'll see if I can get a pic for that 25 points.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

I was thinking about going out to tomorrow and trying to tag a doe, but the weatherman is calling for -50 wind chills tomorrow so I think I will stay huddled up next to the fireplace and have a totty or three. I guess the half a beef, 1 antelope and 1 deer are going to have to be enough. Good season guys. Best of luck to all of you next fall.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well fellas, I went out this morning for some stalk hunting with the recurve & scored us one more buck. Though he doesn't have a huge rack, he does have antlers & he's a real trophy to me.

The temp when I hit the woods at 8am was 0 degrees & the wind chill was -11. The snow was deep & the tracks were everywhere. I picked a set of buck tracks that looked fresh & began following them. I soon found fresh scat on the trail & knew I had picked a winner. I slowed my approach down to a crawl & kept the movement to a minimal. A few minutes later I saw this buck bedded against a big deadfall chewing his cud with his back to me. I got low & crept up on him within 10 or 15 yards & then realized I had no good shot on him at all. After a second or two I went to full draw & went 'BAAA'. He jumped to his feet startled & when he did I jumped higher than he did & let my arrow fly out of pure excitement. My Montec hit him just behind his left shoulder quartering to me & ended up sticking out of him just behind his rear right haunch. Not a good shot, it was a terrible shot in fact & I felt horrible as he ran off staggering down the hill towards the creek. I literally sat down right there & began to pray & thought that I had ruined a great opportunity & was completely disgusted with myself. After about 20 minutes sitting there I started after him to see if I might have made a lethal shot. Low & behold I found him at the bottom of the draw piled up in his own blood dead. I was so relieved to find him, knowing that I wasn't leaving one of Gods creations to suffer in the cold. Again, he's not a huge buck but he is a great deer to add to my list of awesome hunting experiences.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, everyone says any deer with a bow is a trophy, but I will be the 1st to say, stalking and succeeding a deer kill is grand! Congrats buddy on your hunt!! I have never experienced that and I hope I will but you are a true hunter in your feelings!! Job well done!!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations Jason, Great story on a good stalk. Way to Go.
I'm going to try and shoot a doe for the added 25 points this week.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

Hell Yeah! Team Pass Thru never gives up! I'm going to kill a doe next week and boost our points! We're going to be the first team to win 2 years in a row!

Way to go Jason!!! Awesome stalk!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe I spoke too soon lol, I guess this team can never be counted out. Congrats on that buck Jason, a deer stalked and taken with a recurve is something that few hunters can ever say they accomplished.

My dad is coming up to hunt with a muzzleloader this weekend and I do have a few days left in the archery season to tag a doe. I might be able to get out if we can get his muzzleloader tag out of the way first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.