Team 7 check in

Old 11-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

npaden you have been appointed team captain.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

Firearms season opens up next sat here. Will be out sat/sun/mon before going back to work
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Bartender

My gun season here in Wisconsin opens up November 23rd and goes for 9 days. Then starting Christmas eve the holiday gun season starts into January so I hope to do some damage.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

Got a buck for the team.
7 total points 3 on right 4 on left
Right Main Beam 13 1/2
Left Main Beam 14
Tip to Tip Spread 8
Greatest Spread 12 1/2
Inside Spread 11/12

Right Left

G1 N/A 2 1/4
G2 6 1/2 5
G3 4 4

H1 3 3 1/2
H2 3 3
H3 2 3/4 3
H4 2 2 1/4

Went out opening morning. Got into the stand about 6:30AM. At about 6:50 had two deer come in but no good shots. Couldn't really tell what they were. About 20 mins later they come back out and realize its a buck and a doe. They don't give me a shot and go back into the thick stuff. About 8 I see a tail flickering from a bedded deer. I decide to hit my grunt tube to see what happens since I left my binos in the truck. The buck jumped to his feet real quick looked around they laid back down. Hit the grunt again real quick and this time he jumps to his feet snorting and grunting. I hit the tube one more time and he stops broadside about 120 yards. Decided to take a shot but missed. At this point he is staring into the woods towards the creek blowing and grunting. I decided to hop down out of the stand and stalk him. Got to the edge of the thick briars and he was standing 40 yards broadside. One pull of the trigger from my Rem 870 12ga he went right down. This is my biggest deer to date and first deer I've ever stalked. Couldn't be any happier. He dressed out at 154lbs and the DNR was at the check station and aged him at 2 1/2.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats elmoughler!

We are supposed to have a cold front coming in on Thursday and I think I'm going to try to make it out this Friday and Saturday and knock one down.

#1 on my hit list:

#2 on the hit list:

If I see either of those bucks I'm pulling the trigger. There are several other decent bucks on camera, but I think I'm going to hold out until later in the season if I don't see one of those two for now.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took a lot of restraint, but I passed on this guy Friday afternoon. Really neat 8 point with dark antlers and white tips and big time curve in at the tips.

Worst thing was that probably about 30 minutes after I passed on him, I heard a gunshot in the direction that he was headed and I'm pretty sure my neighbor shot him.

Sat through a couple cold and windy days, pretty miserable, and not much activity.

Did get a trail camera picture of my #1 buck on the hit list one night while I was out there so at least I know he is still around.

Our firearm season goes into the first of January, it's always a chore this time of year to get time off to go after them though.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Bartender

Man i've been MIA but another gun season kicked in christmas eve here in Wisconsin and goes until I believe Jan 5th, 2014.
Anybody else have an update?