Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 10  Long Beard Assassins >

Team 10 Long Beard Assassins

Community

Team 10 Long Beard Assassins

Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have PM'ed Arrowmaster that we have a name now.....

"Long Beard Assassins"

If anyone knows how to make an avatar and wants to do so post in our thread or PM me.

Also would anyone like to be my back up just in case something happens and I gone for a few day?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is what is happening up in this end of the world. Temps right now are breaking records here with the temps reaching 58 degrees so far today. If this keeps up turkey hunting will be proving very hard this year as more than likely they will have already bred. So I am planning on a tough year of turkey hunting. The only thing that can save our hunting up here is rain during April to put off the amount of nesting. Other than that I will have to drive north and hope for some decent luck during the first week.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-11-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a run down of the contest rules:

Only one bird per hunter is used for this contest to determine High Team standings. Multiple birds shot by any one hunter, the hunter has the right to upgrade his score as the highest score can be used to replace a previously registered harvested bird. We will also use an Overall Team standing using all birds taken by any one team. We will also try to keep record for the best Rio, Eastern, Merriam, or Osceola so make sure you tell us the specie.
Only birds harvested during any given state’s Spring Season taken in an ethical manner under “Fair Chase” using either a Shotgun (Conventional or Black Powder) or Bow can be entered.

Team members must post a picture of their turkey to prove authenticity of the kill. A brief story along with statistics is welcomed. Do add a ruler to each spur and beard in the pictures taken. If you don't know how to post pictures, ask your Team captain, or a member of your team that knows how to post pictures to help you out.
Be sure to say what specie, Rio, Eastern, etc. when, where, and what weapon you used for the kill when you post a picture.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Do your best to get photos of the beard and spur length, for both sides.

On the weight of the Turkey if you don't have scales to weight it don't worry about a the photo of that just use weigh yourself with and without the Turkey and use the difference in weight.

If you don't know how to post pictures I will have you email them to me and I will get them up for you!!!

Post every turkey you harvest!!!! Because there is also contest for best score with all kills added in.

Also put the Species and a story about your hunt.

Everyone let's have a great and above all a SAFE
Season!!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just to cast a little light on our up-coming season.. I took this pic yesterday 3-9-2012.. Notice the snow? We normally would of had at least 2 feet in this area right now.. I saw 9 turkeys in one group and another 6 turkeys in another group.. I sure hope they do not breed early this year...aaarrrgghh ..

Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry guy i have been moving and havnt had internet because been moving. I hope im still on the team...
Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

i spent most of the day watching a group of merriam that consist of more than 100, they havent broke up yet but i do have them pretty well patterned. It looks to be easy pickins and i still have 4 other farms to scout.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by backwoods13
Sorry guy i have been moving and havnt had internet because been moving. I hope im still on the team...

Yeap your still on the team!!!!!!

I will let everyone know that you have checked in.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Good work backwoods13..........have fun!

JW
Old 03-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hey everyone! I've been out of the country, as Arrowmaster said! "Officially" Checking in now, excited for this year!!
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.