Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 10  Long Beard Assassins >

Team 10 Long Beard Assassins

Community

Team 10 Long Beard Assassins

Old 06-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys we have until the 9th to wait for this to come to a close. I want to thank everyone for giving this a try. I have enjoyed it all and certainly hope everyone else has too. I want to congratulate Zim as well for still holding the highest scoreing bird in this contest. Well done Zim! We are pretty much on the bottom of the contest and that is ok with me. It was nice to see all the different birds being tagged.

As you all know our team captain had vanished into thin air sort of to speak and I clearly hope all is ok for him and his family. We have quite a few team members that we have not heard anything from as well. I certainly hope all is going well with them as well.

Now Congrats to all of us that has tagged our bird/s! Thanks for getting the job done! It has been great seeing how others are getting thier birds as well as the different parts of the world we all live in. Thanks for being part of the team. If any is still hunting or has gotten thier bird there is still time to get your birds posted. If you have gotten your bird and do not know how to post it PM me or any of us that has tagged a bird and we can gladly help get it up here. Thanks again guys!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

This contest has been alot of fun for me as well. Thanks to all those who actually participated. Hope all is well steve.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

I want to say thanks Phi from Maine for stepping in and being the team captain.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you Arrowmaster! I hope the rest of the team didn't mind as I only wanted to see our team's birds get posted up. We all certainly hope that Steve and his family are doing ok.. We just do not know what has happened with Steve unfortunately.

Congrats and thanks to all who help and or tried to help our team get some birds up on the board. I am thinking we had 4 of our team members we haven't heard from for a long time and then with what ever happened to our captain steve25. I feel we did a great job guys! We may have come in on the low side of this contest but we did well. I still feel kind of discourage at myself over that bearded hen though. I know I prolly could of done better.. I think.. One never knows for sure how the birds are going to react one day to the next though. I also know quite a few that normally get birds here that ended up getting nothing this year.

Again great job guys and thanks for being a part of our team!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great Job guys! I am not sure but when I looked at the standings we have made it up to #9th position for the number of hunters tagging birds... I give a lot of this credit to Zim! How to go Zim with the biggest bird scored and both of your birds are within the top 10! I think that bearded hen I shot held us down a little bit. Sorry guys! It did help with the number of birds though. Being in 9th doesn't sound like all that much but it is better than number 10.. We also made it up to #8 with the wieght of all birds tagged.. Thanks for the boost Zim!

Thanks guys on a job well done!

I hope to see everyone on next years Turkey Contest as it has been a lot of fun and very enjoyable for me anyways!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am still wondering.. Has anyone heard anything from steve25 our captain as of yet??
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I think our captain went down with the ship.

Getting close. Headed to New Hampshire in 4 weeks! I got a retired guy from Maine going to be helping me much of the hunt. His name is Jay, from Shipleigh, Maine.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think you are right about our captain going down with the ship sort of to speak.. But, all and all I was just wondering if anyone may have heard from him..

Good Luck on your moose hunt in New Hampshire! I think you will do OK.. I had a friend get tag there quite a few years ago. He ended up getting a nice bull out of there. I do not recall what zone it was in however..