Community

Team 8 Tommyknockers

Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Still 10 days before my season starts.I've got a nice tom spotted hanging out with two hens.Just praying the farmer holds off working the field.It's been sprayed to kill weeds but it will be ok unless the hit it with anhydrous.That will move the birds out.
He should be easy to kill with most of the hens already nesting.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go on the rio. Leavin in 4 hours to head to Howell county. Major storms coming but will be gone by the morning. Good luck guys
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Went out late today due to bad weather this morning. When I got to the public land, there was a tom standing in the parking area. He spooked off and I tried to go after him, but he only gobbled two times and was moving away. Nothing else to report. Maybe next weekend.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default no joy

no luck on the bombing range this morning. heard one gobble on the roost then twice one the ground. then nothing. looking like tag soup this year.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Wife and me start our 10 day road trip with opening in Kansas Friday then finishing up in Iowa. Hopefully will be able to get er done. Haven't scouted 1 day this year, so totally relying on past knowledge. I'm definitely not laying down 5 Toms like last year, and I'll be happy with 1 for this year.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Iowa Jaybird
Wife and me start our 10 day road trip with opening in Kansas Friday then finishing up in Iowa. Hopefully will be able to get er done. Haven't scouted 1 day this year, so totally relying on past knowledge. I'm definitely not laying down 5 Toms like last year, and I'll be happy with 1 for this year.
good luck and enjoy the time with the wife.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Well the first day was a bust. Rained all night, winds 20-30mph, cold temp 42 degrees. Heard 3 gobblers and they gobbled 2-3 times. Hunted hard but not a peep. Going back in a couple of days and try to make something happen.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Well got set up on one this morning, perfect. had 2 decoys set on the edge of a field, bird gobbling his ass off. Just got set down and the freakin deer just exploded. They snorted, farted, ran like morons for the next 10 minutes. Of course the gobbler quit gobbling and dthe jig was up. I sat there for another couple hours fand nothing. Someone come to S.E. MO and kill all of the government goats we have running around. kill em all.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rio number 2 Tommyknockered!!!!!!!

Team 8 Tommyknockers
Hunter: jmedenf

Species: Rio Grande
Weight: 17.5 lbs
L Spur 3/4"
R Spur 3/4"
Beard: 8.5"
Your score is 17.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 17 = 49.5

Went again this morning. Had gobbling going on all over the place. Tried to slip in on one, but he seemed to be going the other way. Sat awhile and tried it again. Had one gobble pretty close and kept getting closer. Only problem was that there was a fence about 40 yards from me and he was on the other side. I saw him at the fence about 50 yards down it. He then walked along the fenceline and finally gave me a shot. Second Rio Grande is now Tommyknockered!!!!!!

FYI: picture time/date is incorrect.
Attached Thumbnails Team 8 Tommyknockers-sam_1711a.jpg   Team 8 Tommyknockers-sam_1714a.jpg   Team 8 Tommyknockers-sam_1715a.jpg   Team 8 Tommyknockers-sam_1716a.jpg  

Last edited by jmedenf; 04-21-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: add fyi
Old 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default congrats jmedenf

hope your back isn't hurting to much from carrying me! iv'e been hunting hard and the breaks iv'e gotten in past years haven't happened this year, time for an ambuscade on some public land near the house. good luck Tommyknockers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.