HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 Turkey Contests (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-turkey-contests-124/)
-   -   Team 8 Tommyknockers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-turkey-contests/359498-team-8-tommyknockers.html)

Iowa Jaybird 03-02-2012 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by wernerjd (Post 3917108)
Iowa Jaybird where you hunting this year? I will be in Southern Iowa near Hopeville, and Grand River.

Southern Iowa almost to the Missouri border, South of Mount Air. Trying to get some leads on other property, but so far it hasn't happened.

turkey harvester 03-02-2012 07:39 AM

Checking in guys, will be hunting those monster gobblers in southern Mo. Season starts april 16th. May take my nephew for the youth season march 31st and april 1st.

springspur 03-02-2012 09:49 AM

flocks busted

Toms have been strutting for the last 4 weeks, It's been a very mild winter here and the flocks have busted up. I saw 9 toms today on the way home, and all were on public land 6 miles from my house. Haven't got my tags yet but should be here soon. My season starts 1 April and I'll start hunting the following Wednesday. Hopefully Cabela's will get my new snake boots here ASAP so I can break them in.

car 03-02-2012 03:32 PM

Hi guys. Checking in from Ohio. Season starts April 23rd. I just started a new job that is going to take me away from devoting very much time into hunting this spring however, I'll be out there every chance I get. Good luck to everyone.

springspur 03-02-2012 06:47 PM

big jake

I've been wondering why the jakes are so big this year and i guess that it's been such a mild winter that they didn't expend much energy keeping warm and they had grasshoppers to eat all winter.

jmedenf 03-03-2012 09:44 AM

We need to get a team captain if anyone is interested. We also need a name. Any suggestions? Bearded Hen Cluckers? Struttin' Cluckers? Wing Bone Collectors? Just thinking......

Still here in Ohio and saw a group of birds, maybe about 18 or so, still flocked up just before the storms came through. Hope the tornadoes didn't take them away.

My season will start in Texas on 31 March in Tom Green county. That's about the time I will be getting down there, which doesn't give me much time for scouting. Plus I have schooling to do while down there, so I am going to be restricted to weekends. Have a guy from an outdoor video company supposed to show me a few good places. Hope it all pans (fans) out and I get another good gobbler trippin' over my number fives.

jmedenf 03-03-2012 10:20 AM

Another name: Cluck Cluck Boom.....

Arjuna 03-03-2012 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't care about the name...it doesn't win the contest. I just care about THE HUNT! That's what wins! Anyway, I am taking my 10 year old out on Saturday for youth season. Here is a pic of Gabe with his buddy Brenson from about 4 years ago on youth weekend. My boy is the blonde one...

jdb_77 03-03-2012 04:42 PM

I am checking in. Looks like we have a good team of die hard hunters. I will be hunting Rio in Oklahoma. Are season opens April 6. I am good with any name y'all pick. I can't wait to see pics of those thunder chickens y'all get. Good luck everybody.

Arrowmaster 03-03-2012 07:52 PM

Make sure someone is updating who is checking in