Community

Team Lucky 7's

Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I am going out tomorrow morning. Thunderstorms came through last night and temps are alot cooler it should be a great morning clear calm and cold. I hope that they will be gobbling
Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I am going out tomorrow morning. Thunderstorms came through last night and temps are alot cooler it should be a great morning clear calm and cold. I hope that they will be gobbling
I wish you all the luck in the world and hope they are gobbling up a storm. The morning I got mine he didn't gobble once but the hens where talking like I never seen before!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks neb I will let yall know how it goes. How many guys season started this past weekend?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Thanks neb I will let yall know how it goes. How many guys season started this past weekend?
good luck SB I had snow this past weekend and that seemed to shut down the gobbling so far but our season doesn't start until the 28th.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

I went out again this morning and did not hear a single gobble. Just a few weeks ago I was hearing alot of gobbling but not now. Thats so frustrating. Its not that big of a deal if I dont kill one. As long as I can hear them gobble and respond to my calls. Its frustrating to go out and hear nothing at all. Hopefully my persistance will pay off, I am about to go out this afternoon and plan to go in the morning.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

5 days and a wake up for me!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM
neb
Typical Buck

SB
I have been there and done that!! Turkey hunting can be the most heart breaking outdoor activity there is. They are so unpredictable animal there is to hunt. You are right we just have to keep at it and put in the hours. I hope they start talking for you. One question is the weather been cold where you hunt. I see it here if the weather is cold things slow down to a crawl??
Old 04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
neb
Typical Buck

I went out tonight to check the fields where I hunt and the birds where right by my blind. I would say 40 yards from it so will give it a try again later in the week. I stayed a distants away and watched them while they where after the grain. The dirt was flying like a dust storm as the scratched away. I may get one this time with spurs LOL..
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will finally get out to hunt on Saturday, of course we will be out on Friday doing a little scouting first. This week has really been draging. I know everybody else is just getting going too...so good luck to all...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Well I finally was able to get on some birds and hear some gobbling. I had to pull stakes on my private ground and head to the national forrest for some good ol public land hunting. Wednesday morning I called up seven jakes all running together twice in the same morning. It was a cool encounter. This morning we got on a gobbler and played cat and mouse with him for a few hours. We got about a hundred yards or so set up and called to him he gobbled twice and went silent. I figured he was slipping in on us, but I never saw or heard him again. Still a fun morning to get out and hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.