Community

Team 5 Fan Addicts

Old 03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job Tony and Dan.
Lets keep it going. I am going out again this weekend to try and get another one.

Good Luck to everyone, John
Old 03-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

kdsberman has been added to your team.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, signing in here (just got added). I hope to be able to help out. I usually do the contest every year, but havent been on in a while.

I live and hunt in mid-Michigan, but unfortunately in Michigan we are only allowed 1 bird per season. So thats about all I can help out. But with that one bird comes an amount of excitement that non-turkey-hunters just dont get to experience.

My season goes from April 23-May 6. I was going to do the later hunt which is May-7-31, but we are getting a rare amount of warm weather, and the toms have been strutting since the beginning of March, so Im a little afraid that by the time that season rolls around, the action will be slowing down. I normally do the April hunt anyway and have success.

Hope we can put up a fight against the rest. Good luck hunting!
Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard! You Michiganders are lucky. In Illinois we can kill 3 toms. That means I end up risking 3 batches of tag soup and you only have to risk one! I can't hunt until April 21st, but I'm taking a youth out in the morning. You guys keep yor fingers crossed for us. I hope to share some pictures tomorrow!
rw
Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

My weekend in the woods was not so great. I could some it by saying public land.
Saturday my buddy called me at 6:00 to tell me a guy was heading right for me, even after he was told someone was already set up there. So I packed up and walked a half mile back and never heard or saw a bird.
Today I went out to the same wma, different spot. We walked back about half a mile, I was working a bird from sunrise until about 8:30, he gobbled several times. I had an old man, I think it was a grandfather and his granddaughter, walk right thru my set up. He said he was sorry but had to get to his truck, as soon as he got 100 yds from me in the direction I last heard the gobble, he started calling to the bird. My buddie was on the same bird with his safety off and the bird was close, and he said he heard a box call getting closer and closer to him. The bird stopped gobbling and disappeared. Not exactly teaching her the right way to hunt.
You gotta love public land hunting.

John
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bornagain64
My weekend in the woods was not so great. I could some it by saying public land.
Saturday my buddy called me at 6:00 to tell me a guy was heading right for me, even after he was told someone was already set up there. So I packed up and walked a half mile back and never heard or saw a bird.
Today I went out to the same wma, different spot. We walked back about half a mile, I was working a bird from sunrise until about 8:30, he gobbled several times. I had an old man, I think it was a grandfather and his granddaughter, walk right thru my set up. He said he was sorry but had to get to his truck, as soon as he got 100 yds from me in the direction I last heard the gobble, he started calling to the bird. My buddie was on the same bird with his safety off and the bird was close, and he said he heard a box call getting closer and closer to him. The bird stopped gobbling and disappeared. Not exactly teaching her the right way to hunt.
You gotta love public land hunting.

John
Man that sucks. Ya people dont care. We live in a selfish, selfish world.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just counted 5 big longbeards out in a field 1/4 mile south of my hunting property tonight..boy am i excited. Saw them twice, and both times 3-4 were constantly strutting, while one in particular was just staying away minding his own business. Im pumped and ready to rock n roll. April 23 couldnt get here sooner.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Oh, it is so nice to dream of things to come. btw welcome to the group.
Dean
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Spike

Welcome aboard kdsberman we only get to harvest 2 toms just above you in ontario
we have a couple weeks to go before our season starts on the 25th
Good luck
GE
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

friday morning i got beat to my spot. i did hear 3 and got in position just in case they got run toward me. i stayed well away from the first guy because he did make it there first. i never took out a call. saturday it rained. sunday it was super foggy, monday it rained and yesterday things almost fell into place. i missed at 40 steps....tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.