Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits >

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Community

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hey SS, sorry to hear about the accident!!!! Glad to hear she's ok! GOD bless you both
Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
SS, I'm tryin to round up some land to hunt! Taking some people out all weekend, but I'll be calling for them. Maybe some birds will move back on my place, it's getting dry now, I'll check it next week. Hunting north bama April 1-4 for the opener, got a GOOD place there. Also got an invite to Ohio in May. I'm going to do all I can to lay some down!!
I hear ya man that sounds like fun. I hope you put the hurt on em man. I wish I didn't work where I work. I've got zero time to do anything unless I use PTO, and this year is tough though bc I'm saving some of those days for baby. Where you hunting in north alabama? I may be coming up to NW bama to hunt with my wife's uncle and cousin who killed that bird back on youth saturday. He said they've got a ton of birds at their club this year. North alabama has never been notorious for having a lot of birds, but it seems like the numbers are growing up there. On the other hand I think the numbers in my area of east central alabama are going down.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Glad the wife and baby are ok Blake.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story and hunt SS! Awesome Bird indeed,it reminds me of my first youth hunt with my Buddies daughter whose bird was just about the same as you guys put to rest. Youth season is still about 4 1/2 weeks out here in Indiana and I've got 2 to take out so far.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
SS, I'm tryin to round up some land to hunt! Taking some people out all weekend, but I'll be calling for them. Maybe some birds will move back on my place, it's getting dry now, I'll check it next week. Hunting north bama April 1-4 for the opener, got a GOOD place there. Also got an invite to Ohio in May. I'm going to do all I can to lay some down!!
Out of curiosity, what part of N Alabam you going to? I'll be heading out first thing in the morn headed down to Sam Murphy.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
Out of curiosity, what part of N Alabam you going to? I'll be heading out first thing in the morn headed down to Sam Murphy.
It's either Colbert or Lauderdale county, not sure though.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Blake, I'll be hunting in Lauderdale, most NW county. If your headed near there you'll be in for a treat! North west bama is absolutely LOADED with turkeys!! I make a trip up almost every year, usually good for a few birds. I hear ya about time, I save all my vacation days to turkey hunt as needed, but they won't let me get as carried away as I want to. Lol!! Maybe they'll let you shoot this time since you called in his first bird. Also, maybe your bird numbers are going down due to white lightning!! Hahaha!! Sounds good!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Kenny, it was a scary moment when I got the news. Just blessed it wasn't worse than it was. We needed a new car anyways, but I really wish it would've been me in it than her.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad as well SS to hear Family is OK,I had to take my wife to the ER two Sundays back past out on me gave me a good scare. She likewise is fine now. It will only get better on the hunting I think,it's still early in the season and the weather will surely settle down and cool off I would hope. Seeing these birds down buy a few of you getting to hunt already is getting me stired up,got my calls out to start practicing tomarrow.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate it doetrain, glad to hear yours are doing well also. Baldeagle, just found out their club is in Marion county.....I was thinking a little too far north.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.