Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits >

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

I'm in !!! Sounds like a great idea!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

We shall return next year and do it all over again.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
We shall return next year and do it all over again.
Sounds good Captain! One aspect of the contest I really enjoyed was the closeness of the competition right up to the end.There were 3 to 4 teams that could have taken the crown and that made it a real spur biter. The Beard Bandits gotta Target on their back for next year so we will have to kick it up a notch. I plan to finally bite the bullet and pay for a Kentucky license next Turkey season now that I have a good place to hunt in Taylorsville KY..
Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doetrain
Sounds good Captain! One aspect of the contest I really enjoyed was the closeness of the competition right up to the end.There were 3 to 4 teams that could have taken the crown and that made it a real spur biter. The Beard Bandits gotta Target on their back for next year so we will have to kick it up a notch. I plan to finally bite the bullet and pay for a Kentucky license next Turkey season now that I have a good place to hunt in Taylorsville KY..

Im going to try to complete my grand slam next season. Im starting to get my plans in order and back to saving money for next years trips. I have a blast with the contest. Im always happy to rescore the birds that have been killed and love all the stories. Yes Ive read each and every hunters story that killed in the contest. I always feel like Im right there with them.

Doe where is Taylorsville Ky at? Ive hunted Kentucky in Moorehead.

Beard Bandits party TBA. Maybe we can get deer tracks to bring up some walleye for the party. Ive got 2 turkey breasts left that will either be smoked or deep fried. I did have the oportunity to meet deer tracks and Turkey Goddess this year. They both love to turkey hunt. We tried to get Turkey Goddess a bird. Cant wait to hunt with both of them again. Id love to get a hunt in with all the Beard Bandits. Id love to compare our hunting styles.

Last edited by Arrowmaster; 06-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arrowmaster,Taylorsville KY. is a little southeast of Louisville,it's in Spencer County.A friend of mine has an 80 acre farm surrounded by hundreds of acres of farmland and sometimes he has some pretty nice birds that pass through his place and deer as well. We had a falling out last year,but got things right recently to the point I think he will let me hunt again. I got kind of frustrated with him during deer season,my bad,and had to apologize for loosing my cool over a misunderstanding as regards where to hunt safely on his property. If only us Hoosier Team members can get together with new friends and for some food,drink and hunting stories I will do my best to be there. But hopefully more of our mates can make it to a great Hunters bash.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

We will for sure make a good run for a repeat next year! It will be good to have teammates that know a little about each other already. If you do get together for food and drinks I would really try and make it.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Im in the middle of a remodeling at the moment. It wont be long before were done. Ive done told the wife were gonna have a party. I will come up with a date here before long...
Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Man. Sorry I missed all the celebrating. It's the middle of July but I'm already thinking about 2013. I may have a chance to go on a Colorado elk next year. I had planned on using most of my vacation next spring but I'll gladly give up a few days of chasing birds for an elk.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
DTC Jr

Nice work team, looking forward to next year to try and repeat! My dad has already got our annual turkey hunt to TX set up and he is taking me back to FL to try and finish my Grand Slam. I sure hope I don't miss again!! I have relived that shot a thousand times.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

You will make a kill in Florida DTC JR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.