Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits >

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Old 05-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dear Lord bless SS56 & Hunting Junkie's efforts to harvest some Turkeys.Amen! People ask me if I pray to GOD for success on my hunts,I tell them of course I do. He made me a hunter gatherer as a man and all I do I strive to be humble and call upon Him for the cunning and skill to exercise dominion over thes amazing creatures. Being a Hunter will drive you to prayer at times and I find strength in those moments.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys Team 3 Fan Glorious Few just had a team member knock one down. We will more than likely be moved to second place if we don't get a kill before the competition ends. Darn we need our guys to find some birds,good luck guys.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Come on guys!!! We're soooooo close!!!!!!!!

Good bird deer tracks!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys for not checking in,, been hunting hard for the big boy i told u bout earlier...had him at 80 yards couldnt get him in he is a monster biggest i have seen....have 2moro sat and sun to get him....have a good jake on a piece of land i have for a back up plan come sunday.....

Congrats on the awesome birds guys
Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hunting junkie
Sorry guys for not checking in,, been hunting hard for the big boy i told u bout earlier...had him at 80 yards couldnt get him in he is a monster biggest i have seen....have 2moro sat and sun to get him....have a good jake on a piece of land i have for a back up plan come sunday.....

Congrats on the awesome birds guys
Maybe you will get a wack at Turkzilla and put us out front for good Bro. Good hunting be yours! Get aggressive if you have to,If I had not gone after mine I would have missed out on my best bird yet, good luck going after him.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Huntin junkie, get out there and fold that bad boy up!! I'm pullin for you bro, good luck!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Lay the smack down hj
Old 05-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone heard from silent arrow? He said he was from NC so today is his last day in state.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Ok been holding this one for a few days....tagged out in NC on Friday at 4:20 pm. Was walking in to hunt and caught this guy feeding across a grassy road. I saw him before he saw me. I was able to duck to cover and get set up. Made one calling series and he came from about 300 yards over 30 minutes just picking towards me. I thought the whole way he was a jake. With only a day and a piece to hunt and getting ready to be on work travel for 2 weeks (which meant if I got a bird early I could go home), I figured I'd take the bird in hand. When I tipped him at 25 yards, I saw his full fan roll over and was very surprised and happy! He unfortunately had beard rot. He would have had a heck of a broom because what was left was as wide as it was long.

Stats - 17.5 lbs Beard - 2.4375" Right Spur 1.25" Left Spur 1.00"

First pic is the evening of the hunt in some wildflowers. The second was the next morning. My 3 year old couldn't wait to get camo'ed up to get a pic with Daddy!

Last edited by blackheel; 05-13-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Hoping hunting junkie connected this weekend!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.