Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits >

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Community

2012 HNI Spring Turkey Contest Champions Team 4 Beard Bandits

Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on everyone who got a bird...starting to get the itch now...but still a month away
Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Heres my first Osceola shot on March 23rd. He weighed 18lbs, 1 1/4 in spur, 1 5/16 in spur, 9 3/4 in beard.
Your score is 18 + 12.5 + 13.125 + 19.5 = 63.125
I arrived early afternoon on March 23rd, met with the owner and he said go hunt. I got my blind set up. After about 10 minutes and a series of calls out comes a very nice gobbler, but he didnt have any intrest in the calls. Abot 10 minutes later and another series of calls here comes another nice gobbler. He put on a show but he didnt come in. Then around 6:15pm a gobbler come in directly behind the blind. I made to much noise trying to get around on him. So off he goes. Then around 6:30pm here comes a strutter followed by 4 Jakes. I let him get to 30 yards and shot him. Heres a picture. The quality isnt very good

Old 03-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet success Team Leader,good job! It's eating me up not being able to hunt until Kentucky opens or youth season in Indiana. Going scouting Saturday and try to figure out where they are grouping up at in Leavenworth and Sulpher area. My hunting Buddie says they are gobbling and strutting by his house in Sulpher where we hunt. Good Hunting for the rest of your trip,do you get 2 birds in Florida or one only? If 2 I'm sure you will bust another one.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DTC Jr
I killed a hog and a gobbler in Texas. My turkey weighed 18 lbs, had an 8" beard, and 7/8" spurs. Youth season starts in MO Saturday.

Congrats DTC Jr. Thats awesome

Your score is 18 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 16 = 51.5
Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Kenny that picture is ummmm..... ummmmm.... SCARY! LOL LOL LOL!!! Congrats to you! You are a turkey killing machine! (LOVE IT!!!)

Kim
Old 03-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

deer tracks has been placed on our team
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doetrain
Sweet success Team Leader,good job! It's eating me up not being able to hunt until Kentucky opens or youth season in Indiana. Going scouting Saturday and try to figure out where they are grouping up at in Leavenworth and Sulpher area. My hunting Buddie says they are gobbling and strutting by his house in Sulpher where we hunt. Good Hunting for the rest of your trip,do you get 2 birds in Florida or one only? If 2 I'm sure you will bust another one.

Thanks. You can shoot 2 in Florida. I tried to help my buddy get one, but the birds went silent and didnt want to play. I wanted to bust another one. Now Im waiting on Missouri opener for the next chance to hunt.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
Kenny that picture is ummmm..... ummmmm.... SCARY! LOL LOL LOL!!! Congrats to you! You are a turkey killing machine! (LOVE IT!!!)

Kim
Im suppose to get some pictures from the owner I hunted on Kim. Much better quality. There was a dusk to dawn light on when that picture was taken.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bald9eagle
I'm hearing just the opposite here. From everything I've heard it looks like 2010 was a good hatch. I've heard that the bird numbers at Waterloo appear to be as high as they have been in 10 years. Also hearing good things out of Freedom Hills and Oakmulgee.

With the warm, dry spring we are having 2014 is setting up to be a phenomenal season.
I'm hearing the same thing from everybody I know at work from West Georgia, that the hatch has been good and numbers are up, but not back up home around Randolph, Cleburne, and Calhoun counties. Randolph county is just about hunted out I believe, especially in my area. I have yet to see a single turkey in any of the local roadside fields where there are usually flocks of them hanging out. I saw two turkeys the entire deer season last year when I usually see 10 to 20 in the fields every day. I heard one bird gobble somewhere way off the other day again, then called up a hen by the fields later on......came close to slinging some 5's at her. I'm just about ready to lay the gun down and pick up a rod and reel to go after some stripes. I hear they're running early with this warm weather. Crappie are biting good in Wedowee too.

I did however get a tip from a friend about a big gobbler hanging out around the lake he fishes, so me and another buddy are gonna go after him Sunday morning while the wifeys are at a baby shower. Way to go everybody else, yall are puttin' it to em! Congrats DTC Jr and Kenny, keep on smokin em.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hey SS, hope you roll that bad boy up by the lake!! We haven't been seeing birds out either.....think it's just to hot and their loafing around in the timber! Hope your season turns back around, I'm pullin for ya!! I'm a stripe fisher myself, just hope you can bust one before you get into em. Their about as addictive as these birds are!!!! Lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.