Community

Team 2 Sunrise Shooters

Old 05-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading out tomorrow with my bow. Don't know if I can swing a 38 point upgrade though....haha. I still think 870 will come through.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I PM'd OneShotGilly, MidSouth Hunter, and LadybowhunterAZ about a week ago since we haven't heard from them. The only one I heard back from was Ladybowhunter. Her husband was in an accident and was bedridden. So her turkey season ended before it began.

The other two, I'm unsure of. I know there is a life outside of HuntingNet, but why sign up for a contest if you have no desire to participate.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by zubba
I'm heading out tomorrow with my bow. Don't know if I can swing a 38 point upgrade though....haha. I still think 870 will come through.
Oh come on Zubba. 38 lbs, triple beard with 4 sets of spurs!!! It's all you bud!
Sorry to heard about Ladybowhunter, hope everything works out ok for them.
I hear ya about those that sign up and seem to disappear. Happens evey yr, but at least this yr we only had a couple.But maybe one of em will still show with a big ole bird, ya never know.
Good luck.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Banned

some people are not very competative. they sign up and just dont really care weather they post their bird or not.

some times things like ladybowhunter's situation happen. had a guy on a team last year. seemed like the real deal turkey hunting nut had lots of pics from previouse years. said he had tags for 3 states. then he just disapeared. still have not heard from him. i truly think something not good happened.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Banned

Ladybowhunter...... your family is in my prayers and may your husband have a swift and full recovery. god bless you and your family
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I messed up this morning. Textbook hunt. Tom gobbled as he hit the field edge. Gobbled, strutted, spit, and drummed all the way in from about 100 yards. Seen the BTD Jake and came right in. Had the Jake set up about 5 yards away, Tom came is chested up the decoy, then started attacking it. I came to full draw, he had no clue. Let the arrow go and hit him low. As said before about the bullheads, it is head & dead or nothing. In this case, it was nothing but features. So mad at my self. Got it all on camera, will try to post a link. Sucks
Old 05-10-2012, 05:10 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Wow that sucks Zubba! Sorry man, i feel yer pain. I know what thats like.
Was just reading some other teams posts and looks like we may not actually be in 3rd, team 1 is claiming that JW made a mistake on the scoring, their captian has a total figured that is higher than ours by just a little, they are less than 2 points behind us right now.
Zubba, are u still hunting? If so is it just you and Gunguy?

Last edited by j76; 05-10-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1k1tsjgawk

Game of inches, I tell ya.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Wow, cool video Zubba! I like how you can see the shadow of the bow and that bullhead as you draw back. Man he was close! Can't beleive that didn't do more damage to him! He didn't even act like he was hurt. Must be zero penetration with those things huh. I see what ya mean by its head and dead or nuthin! Thanks for sharin!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Thank You All...

Sorry I let the Team down. But a freak accident got in the way.

4 days before we were leaving for our hunt, my husband fell of the roof breaking his right foot in 2 places, fracturing his left, damaging his heels, ankles, legs and knees. For the next 12 weeks no weight bearing, standing or walking. So my season ended before it began.

I wish you all well and am rooting for all of you from the sideline.

Take Care and Shoot Straight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.